Storm

Oak Leaf Pattern To Carve

Here's one I worked uo and it includes the pattern and a photo-carve.  There is also an example of a flipped and extended way to use the pattern. Enjoy tooling it.

This is a really stupid question. How do I save the images to my hard disk? I don't get the usual "Save image as" option when I right-click on it.

I feel like an idiot.

This is a really stupid question. How do I save the images to my hard disk? I don't get the usual "Save image as" option when I right-click on it.

I feel like an idiot.

I'm not sure why you can't save this. I was able to right click and save image as.

I feel like an idiot.

Hi bex DK -

I've run into the same problem - not sure if this is the best way around it, but this is what I do when I can't right click to save-as on an image: look up at the top of the screen, just under the ad bars and click on the forum name - this one is Patterns and Templates. That will bring up the post threads. Look real close and you will see the little paperclip attachment icon next to "oak leaf pattern to carve" post. Click on the paperclip, and it should bring up a pop up window showing the attachments. Click on the little icon (not the text link) and the picture should open up in a new tab or window. Then you can right-click and do the save-as thang :spoton:

(PS: I am running Windows XP and use Firefox)

Edited by wyldflower

Hi Everyone,

Sometimes if you right click it will give you the option to open the image and then you might be able to put your cursor over the image and while holding down the left button on your mouse you can do a drag and drop to the desktop on your computer. Sometimes it is also the browser you maybe using. For myself I am using a custom handmade MAC running on OPERA.

I too have have sometimes run unto problems but the right hand click to open the image usually does the trick. Barring that if you Email me I will try sending it to your personal Email. :rolleyes: It should work though as all three images were saved as JPEG and that is universal, so to speak, and cross platform.

Storm

Thanks everyone. The paperclip method did the trick. Now I know how to do it in the future, too.

I am running Firefox on Vista.

The 'save button' does not show when you either see the 'next' or 'previous' button to view the pics. When you put the mouse in the middle, no prev or next button show and save will show... moving the mouse makes the save-button disappear again. Seems like a software fault to me....

Edited by Marietje

I feel like an idiot.

Not a stupid question at all. I was wrestling with the problem myself when I scrolled down and saw your post...followed by the helpful responses :helpsmilie: