hidepounder

Photo Album / Guest Book

Hi Everyone, Here are some photos of a recent project I just completed. It is a guest book/photo album for a boat. The interior page binder was challenging because I wanted no flesh sides exposed anywhere in the binding folds. Hope you enjoy.....any and all comments/critiques welcome as always.

Bobby

010©(M).JPG015©(M).JPG017©(M).JPG019©(M).JPG030©(M).JPG104©(M).JPG

post-7682-126048234462_thumb.jpg

post-7682-126048234555_thumb.jpg

post-7682-126048234628_thumb.jpg

post-7682-126048234708_thumb.jpg

post-7682-126048234769_thumb.jpg

post-7682-126048234841_thumb.jpg

All I can say is: ANOTHER MASTERPIECE by BOB PARK'S. I sure hope I can get my skills back up to where they used to be and some day come close to yours. My best to you, Dennis.

Dang Bob, that's awesome! In my amateur opinion, Peter Main's got nothing on you. I went back 3 times to look while I was typing this, lol

Does anyone have a microscope to borrow???? This man is asking for critique :jawdropper:

Oh boy, your work stands out as usual!!!!

Tom

Edited by TomSwede

I've said before and i'll say it again. When i grow up i want to be Bob Park

Amazing, again. Interior is outstanding. RW

Really nice piece Bob. Looks like your double beveling those scrolls too. Lot of thought and time in a notebook like that.

Great job,

Troy

Another mind-blowing, stunning piece of leather work from hidepounder... :notworthy:

Thanks for the inspiration and treating our eyes once again, Bobby.

Kate

Bob,

notworthy.gif Awesome Job! notworthy.gif

With a sailfish on this one, is it long before we start seeing horses?

Thanks for posting another one to learn from.

Johnny

Bob,

Another stunning piece of work! You_Rock_Emoticon.gif:You_Rock_Emoticon: The carving and the construction is primo! But you decorative cuts are pure artisty. I wish mine were half as good as yours. You are an inspiration. notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif:notworthy: Your work is da bomb and you are da man!

Storm

Edited by Denise

Good gawd man...........you need to stop. You're going to make us wanna-be leather guys jump head first under slow moving steam roller!! You're work is incredible. Absolute perfection. Words can't begin to describe your work. And I thought I was about to get a handle on this leatherwork stuff. Geez....after looking at your stuff, I'm estimating it will take me approximately 4,981 years, working 29 hours a day, to even be able to unroll a side of leather for you. Bottom line.....you and your work is amazing.

I'm throwing my tools away. notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

and bob hits another one outta the park th_airhorn.gif

Hi Bob,

Yup it's me again! Figured your latest deserved at least two replies in one day and it ain't even midnight yet. Now I don't usually say this but if you ever decide to open a school let me know. I will try to beg, borrow and or run afowl(HA!) of the law to sign up. Your work is way beyond Peter Main, in my humble opinion. I am always coming back and checking out your site. I always wish the picture were bigger but I do have a magnifying glass and my vision is still intact. So nice to see a cowboy carrying on a tradition the way you do.  :thumbsup:

Thanks again for always raising the bar.

Storm

Very nicely done.

Mr Bob, I was inspired a while back when I came on this web site and found someone ( Tim Kleffner ) to teach me Sheridan

style carving. Now everytime I come on here I am inspired all over again. I am not going to throw my tools away but am going to

aspire to be the best I can be. All of your work is awesome and I am a regular to your web site just to look in awe.

Please keep this good stuff coming and give us rookies something to shoot for. Leatherworker.net is my most visited web site.

I hope to be able to meet you in Sheridan in May. Thanks.

Amazing work Bob, I always love to see your next work of art.

Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

Dave

Morning Bob, I usually like to try to spend a few minutes each day over coffee and look at this sight. Way better than reading the paper! Anyway, one of the things that I really enjoy is looking at the amazing work that is posted here by some of the artists. Whenever I see your name on a post, I make it a point to open it and look at it, that is because it is usually where I get new ideas, or new twists on things that I am already doing. I love to look at your work, along with some of the others. This piece is, as always, well thought out and very pleasing to the eye. Then add the exceptional workmanship, and you have what we all aspire to do.

Great Job!

Bondo Bob

Gorgeous piece of work, Bob! You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

Bob

JUST AMAZING! Your work is absolutely inspiring ! I see work like yours, it gives me sleepless nights; when I close my eyes, I can see your work buzzing through my head.

Thanks for posting the pics.

Happy tooling

Tim

Thanks everybody for all the compliments and support. It's wonderful to know when your efforts are appreciated and makes me strive to do better on the next project!

Bobby

Really nice piece Bob. Looks like your double beveling those scrolls too. Lot of thought and time in a notebook like that.

Great job,

Troy

Thanks Troy, I appreciate it...no I didn't double bevel my scrolls....I have taken so many things from your work that I feel double beveling the scrolls is sacred ground and belongs to you...I have been considering double beveling my stems though, LOL!

Thanks again,

Bobby

Thanks everybody for all the compliments and support. It's wonderful to know when your efforts are appreciated and makes me strive to do better on the next project!

Bobby

"Better"? How can you possible do any better than you've already done? Bob, if you raise the bar any farther, we're all gonna get complexes! I only wish I could be a fly on the wall, and watch you work.

Bob, I can't say that your work is beyond any one leather artisan, however I can say that IMO you are right up there with the best; Peter Main, Xian, Hape, and others here, and there (there are many other acclaimed masters of leather). I feel it would take an other worldly type alien guy to get any better than you & some of the above mentioned.

Bob

your not human all hail Bob Park.

Josh