Started working on a wallet for a friend. His name is Scott so he asked for the "S" from the Slipknot logo.

Slipknot.jpg

This was my first go at it.

DSCF0073.JPGDSCF0076.JPG

Its funny, when ever I get into a new project I always feel like if I do anything more I will mess it up. So I never want to do to much. but then I turned the tunes up and really got into this one.

DSCF0080.JPGDSCF0091.JPGDSCF0081.JPG

I was inspired by Tom to go with a black and red theme, so I will post picks when its all done. Now I'm trying to find the courage to dye it...

post-8159-126076630903_thumb.jpg

post-8159-126083809338_thumb.jpg

post-8159-126083817145_thumb.jpg

post-8159-126083839578_thumb.jpg

post-8159-126083846415_thumb.jpg

post-8159-126083852859_thumb.jpg

We do get our inspiration from here sometimes, that's why I like it here. When I get frustrated I come here. Anytime 24/7/365coffeecomp.gif

Sasquatch,

I really like what you have done so far, What you did with the frame is nice also. Please post pictures when you finish.

PANTHER

I like it...I dont like the band at all but.....I made this bracer thought I would relate to you....because we are all here to share and when I see something I relate to the best I can do is share with you what I create...

thanx dude......Recall the old scatterbrain song? DONT CALL ME DUDE

slipknot.bmp

slipknot.bmp

Yeah I'm not a huge fan either but they do have some stuff I can get down to. Thanks for posting that picture, I love the design.

HAHA never heard the song before but I checked out the video on youtube wow that's a flashback!! I used to have a guy that I worked with that called me "BUDDY" but not in a nice way and it drove me nuts.

Yeah I'm not a huge fan either but they do have some stuff I can get down to. Thanks for posting that picture, I love the design.

HAHA never heard the song before but I checked out the video on youtube wow that's a flashback!! I used to have a guy that I worked with that called me "BUDDY" but not in a nice way and it drove me nuts.

I just realized your name...sasquatch...then i thought he must be a canuck....then I looked and you are...where you at>?

I am in Prince George BC, moved here 2 yrs ago from Edmonton

Started working on a wallet for a friend. His name is Scott so he asked for the "S" from the Slipknot logo.

Slipknot.jpg

This was my first go at it.

DSCF0073.JPGDSCF0076.JPG

Its funny, when ever I get into a new project I always feel like if I do anything more I will mess it up. So I never want to do to much. but then I turned the tunes up and really got into this one.

DSCF0080.JPGDSCF0091.JPGDSCF0081.JPG

I was inspired by Tom to go with a black and red theme, so I will post picks when its all done. Now I'm trying to find the courage to dye it...

I like the tooling. Nice job. I'm a different generation & had no clue that slipknot is a band. At least that is what I read into the posts. To me, this emblem resembles a Celtic style image of a stork in a way. Just a bit more interweave, and presto, there it is!

Jim

I just realized your name...sasquatch...then i thought he must be a canuck....then I looked and you are...where you at>?

I am in Prince George BC, moved here 2 yrs ago from Edmonton

I am in New Westminster just outside Vancouver. Grew up here, moved all over the country, and then moved back.

I like the tooling. Nice job. I'm a different generation & had no clue that slipknot is a band. At least that is what I read into the posts. To me, this emblem resembles a Celtic style image of a stork in a way. Just a bit more interweave, and presto, there it is!

Jim

The style used here is called Tribal. It is used quite a bit in tattooing.

I am in New Westminster just outside Vancouver. Grew up here, moved all over the country, and then moved back.

The style used here is called Tribal. It is used quite a bit in tattooing.

HaHa I must have been signed in to Shayla's account and didn't even look...

Looking Great!

With help from CitizenKate on a small tweak in the dyeing:

red.jpgDSCF0015.JPGDSCF0017.JPG

post-8159-126137107337_thumb.jpg

post-8159-126137109503_thumb.jpg

post-8159-126137110921_thumb.jpg

man that turned out great

nice job on the dying

Dscott

Looks Great, cant wait to see it all finished!! What are you going to do with the inside, make it yourself or use an a pre-made insert?

Going with a pre-made insert. Just easier for me as I don't have a sewing machine.

That's really nice. Can you describe (briefly) how you did the dying/colouring and what dyes and/or paint you used? Thanks.

I did two coats of Fiebings Red but I had to add a little yellow to even out the tone of the red(thanks again Kate), let it dry for 24hrs, then I used a black sharpie to get the edge on the tooling nice and crisp. Then filled in the rest with Fiebings USMC Black. Hope this helps.

Thanks for that, I will try to get the brighter red by doing the same as you, I have a bottle of red and yellow but have not tried mixing yet. Pardon my ignorance but what is a sharpie? Is it some sort of paint marker? Thanks.

Sharpies are a type of permanent marker they look like this

Sharpie-pens.jpg

post-8159-126170387511_thumb.jpg

Sharpies are a type of permanent marker they look like this

Sharpie-pens.jpg

Ah, Thanks! This thread has been very informative, thanks all.