Sign in to follow this  
Double U Leather

Headboard piece

Here's the latest from the bench. It's going on a headboard for a lady. I'm in the process of making a reining horse for the footboard, but I just was so excited at the way this turned out, I had to show it off. Speaking of excited, I haven't sewn it, nor have I finished the edges. I just put the finish on it and was so thrilled I brought it in and took pictures. Maybe I'll post another pic when it's sewn and the edges done!!! Let me know what you think, and any critiques are welcome. Thanks.

cuttin horse.jpg

post-7660-126093476374_thumb.jpg

Edited by leatherrookie

Here's the latest from the bench. It's going on a headboard for a lady. I'm in the process of making a reining horse for the footboard, but I just was so excited at the way this turned out, I had to show it off. Speaking of excited, I haven't sewn it, nor have I finished the edges. I just put the finish on it and was so thrilled I brought it in and took pictures. Maybe I'll post another pic when it's sewn and the edges done!!! Let me know what you think, and any critiques are welcome. Thanks.

That looks great!!! I hope you do post another pic when it's finished. I would like to see it.

Thanks WV. I'll try to remember to post a finished pic. It probably won't look alot different than it does now though.

want to see it finish on the headboard. looks great!!!!

Thanks Ms. Bronco........I told the customer that part of the deal was that she was to send pics when she had it on the bed. I think it will look pretty spiffy.

Neat! I like it. Looking forward to seeing the finished work!

Thanks Hilly..........now if I can make the reining horse one look the same. Shoot, I'll be happy if the reining horse one is even similar.......LOL

Here's the headboard piece with the edges sewn and dyed. It doesn't look all that much different than the original pic, but I promised I post when it was complete. And...I promise to post a pic when the lady attaches it to the bed. Thanks for looking.

cuttin horse2.jpg

post-7660-12611706594_thumb.jpg

That's some mighty fine work! You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

Thats some nice work there. How is your customer planning on attaching it to the headboard?

Thats some nice work there. How is your customer planning on attaching it to the headboard?

I'm not totally sure, but I think probably upholstery tacks. I've made several toilet seat covers and I always use that method to put 'em on.