Lillian

I need sidesaddle trees

I am the lady in California that makes sidesaddles. The market has taken a tumble for the last couple of years, but it is starting to warm up and I have ladies wanting new sidesaddles again. I need a tree maker who will make my trees for me MY way. I need a tree maker who will listen to me and try to do the design of the trees to fit a wider range of horses.

I know there are tree makers on this web group. If you are interested in learning the right way to make a Western sidesaddle tree I'd like to discuss it with you. How do I know what I want is right? I have been doing sidesaddles for 43 years. I ride them.

I don't mind if you use a duplicating machine. What ever works to make them at a lower cost is OK with me.

I have done rawhiding so I understand the cost. I have had some in the past that have had Arma-coating sprayed on them. It works OK for me.

I just want a traditional design made to fit modern horses and modern women.

If you want to talk trees contact me.

Regards, sadlmakr

Hi Lillian,

I'm not a tree maker, but I am interested to hear if you have any responses. I have an old sidesaddle that needs a leaping horn. Do you know of a way to produce one other then bending wood for one? I don't have any photos of the saddle I have, it was in the process of being remade or maybe it was a new one that someone gave up on, but it is missing the leaping horn.  It is similar to this one in style though.

tapastry%2BHuntSideSaddle.gif&f=1&nofb=1