having no pressing projects at the moment, i decided to make myself a kepi. i've wanted one since i was a boy. (don't ask. let's just say more than a few decades ago.) anyway, this is my version of the kepi. i looked at historical construction and modified it to suit me. i've not decided yet if i want to add a chin strap like the originals had. this is a great hunting cap too. unlike modern baseball caps, the brim does not obstruct peripheral vision but still provides shade and rain protection. all in all, i'm pretty satisfied with it. sorry about the quality of the photo. it's from my cell phone.

kepi.jpg

post-68-126236109737_thumb.jpg

Thats neat man ,,,,very nice ,,did you make your own pattern???

Thats neat man ,,,,very nice ,,did you make your own pattern???

yeah i did. wrapped a piece of leather around my head for basic fit and went from there. there were many hours in the lacing, but other than that it went quickly.

Very cool! Looks like it came straight out of the movie"The Postman" with Kevin Costner.

Storm

Very cool! Looks like it came straight out of the movie"The Postman" with Kevin Costner.

Storm

the postman... haven't seen that movie in years. about do for another viewing i think. good movie.

Grin inducing, very nice

My hat is off to you.....great job on this hat. In all my years of doing hats, and all the hats I've made, you are the first I've seen that has made a laced hat other than myself.

Great job on the lacing, and the way you constructed it. Is the inside lined at all?

Cheers