DJ1935

Rein Rounder

Looking for an Osborne, or similar Rein Rounder. Dont mind if it needs repairing.

Thank you

DJ

Hello!

Do you have or need a set of round breaking rolls?

Hi, I've only ever heard of a Rein Rounder, could you please explain a bit more about your round breaking rolls. Thank you.

Here is an illustration of the round breaking rolls that I make.

"For forming the strap ready to receive the filling so they may be easily sewed up on the machine. These rolls are made so they may be slipped on the ends of the shaft on any creasing machines. They are made with a toothed flange, which holds the center of the strap and forms a perfect seat for the filling, and not only saves a great deal of time in preparing a round, but puts it in much better shape than it is possible by hand." (Improved Harness Machinery, International Harness Machinery Co., p. 7)

The breakers are sized by the strap width for example 1" and 7/8". Hope this helps. The upper roll is knurled to aid in pulling the strap through the breakers. The knurls are not rendered in my illustration.

randallroundrolls.875and.625.jpg

post-8022-12627165517_thumb.jpg

Edited by ryano

Looking for an Osborne, or similar Rein Rounder. Dont mind if it needs repairing.

Thank you

DJ

Hi

I have a Osborne Rein Rounder spare that I can sell

It's the version that mounts into a normal vice (the other type was screwed onto the worktop)

It's in excellent condition, and is only missing the locking pin that clamps the two halfs together

I can take pics if that'll help

Jon

Hi Jon

Thank you, a photo would be great. Any idea of the weight of the Rounder?

DJ

Hi Jon

Thank you, a photo would be great. Any idea of the weight of the Rounder?

DJ

Sorry, forgot to bookmark this page & just noticed your reply!!

BlFVW2BGkKGrHqEOKjkEtkfgq1kBLLB2F-m.jpg

weighs about 1 1/2lb unwrapped

Asking £75 plus shipping