faceOdd

Signing the interior of a mask - what to use?

Hello,

I have a wonderful opportunity to sell my masks at a high-end retail location that specializes in masquerades. The co-owner encouraged me to sign and number my masks for collectors. I don't mind doing this, but I'm not sure what to use. A fine-tip Sharpie seems to be the logical choice, but I don't trust it to stay on the leather. My worst fear is having my backwards signature transferred to someone's face!

Would Bag Kote or something designed to seal dye provide adequate protection to keep the ink in place? Or is there a better way?

Thank you, and have a wonderful week-end!

~Tammy

I'd go with the Sharpie. I just finished a dog mask and signed it that way, and I'm confident it won't wear off.

Thanks, I'll try it.

A dog mask? Of a dog, or for a dog?

~Tammy

Heh heh, ya got me laughing! Its a mask of a bulldog to be worn by a person. I'll post a picture.

hi tammy, i sign and number all my masks...i use what we call a permanent pen... as i airbrush the back of the mask, i just sign and number before spraying on the sealer, but i try to find a place that wont be on the skin if possible

Edited by leatheroo

Heh heh, ya got me laughing! Its a mask of a bulldog to be worn by a person. I'll post a picture.

I had a person ask me to make one for them but it looked really tough to do so I backed down. The price of these were up there. I to would like to see this.

I am posting a picture but moving it to Show Off.

Hello,

I have a wonderful opportunity to sell my masks at a high-end retail location that specializes in masquerades. The co-owner encouraged me to sign and number my masks for collectors. I don't mind doing this, but I'm not sure what to use. A fine-tip Sharpie seems to be the logical choice, but I don't trust it to stay on the leather. My worst fear is having my backwards signature transferred to someone's face!

Would Bag Kote or something designed to seal dye provide adequate protection to keep the ink in place? Or is there a better way?

Thank you, and have a wonderful week-end!

~Tammy

I use a wood burner to sign my leather work.

Just a cheap one I picked up years ago.

WINDY

Great Idea Windy, I tooled my stamp on a scrap piece and glued it on the inside. I then colored the stamp with a Sharpie.

Great Idea Windy, I tooled my stamp on a scrap piece and glued it on the inside. I then colored the stamp with a Sharpie.

I realise this is an old topic, but I thought you might find it interesting how I sign my guitar straps. I use a dremel tool with a tiny tiny bhur on it and write whatever I want sort of like a pen...I use a very light touch...then I use a metalic gold pen, fill in two times where I have dremel-ed the writing...after it is a nice gold color I use acrylic resolene to seal it...I think it looks pretty good and gives it a hand created quality, like a nice artist signing of their work