Sign in to follow this  
stampz2

How do I carve a waterfall

Being new to leatherwork and not knowing anyone locally that can teach me how to's in person, I am depending a lot on books to learn techniques. I have been keeping what I do simple and depending on kits, so I haven't done

much as far as carving goes. I bought the book by Al Stohlman "Pictorial Carving Finesse." I am trying to use it to learn how to carve a simple waterfall with the water spray on the rocks. I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out how to do both. I'm wondering if there is a tutorial on this or if someone could do one. I like the book, but some of it is just a bit difficult to understand. I appreciate the help and thanks.

Jim

I had a question similar to yours a couple years ago and posted it here. I got some help from Dale H that helped me figure out how to do it a little better. You can see the thread I started here I think I've got some in progress photos I took while I was doing this and I can try and post them if you think they would help you out. There's a lot of people that have joined the forum since that topic was posted so if anyone else has idea on how to do this, I'd like to see them too.

last year i made a wallet with jumping bass carvings and this is what i came up with get the water effect ........

jumpingbass1.JPG

jumpingbass2.JPG

post-13434-126580819886_thumb.jpg

post-13434-126580820743_thumb.jpg