Sign in to follow this  
mike miller

Just joined

Found this place from over on a knife forum. Looks like a lot of talent. I am always interested in crafts no matter what the medium. I just like to look and see what other people do. Tried to do a little better than what I have seen around in the way of knife sheaths. Have struck it rich when I met Larry Parsons from Mustang, OK. and he has shown me many new things and made me think about what needs to be done.4255117038_5f9a848435.jpg3882693156_34b0e0a94e_b.jpg

Thanks for looking

post-13295-126387204306_thumb.jpg

post-13295-126387207002_thumb.jpg

You have some nice knives and the sheaths are great to. I've never seen the design you have the sheath with the white handled knife. It's neat.

Welcome to the site Mike! You have an unbeatable combination going for you. I love your knives and the sheaths are as sharp and clean as your blades. :clapping:

Storm

Mike

I agree with Storm, you've got both going for ya. Good looking knives and good leather work. Welcome aboard and keep up the good work

Tim

dirtclod the stamp on the ivory knife is a take off the old Association stamp. Wayne Jeutzke custom made the stamp. I had found an old one made for saddle (3/4 inch) and a friend had a couple ordered from him which I ended up with.

They sure have become my favorite stamp to use. I almost feel let down anymmore when someone wants a plain sheath. I have so much fun trying to see what I can do. Mike

Mike, I really love the knife with the striations in the metal. It shows your attention to detail and love for craftsmanship. Keep up the great work and show us more!

I love the clean edge on the sheaths, but no fair useing custum stamps.

One more type of sheath that you might like to try is an inlay of snake or lizerd

I have done a few inlays. One in frogskin and one in elephant ear. For me they have to be a certain style to work. More like the sheath on the left. Custom stamps are the only way to go. I have fought those from Tandy for years. I now realize half the color on the sheath is where the stamp makes its impression. Those that are cast do not leave a good impression.