LadyJ

New Member who uses what you make!

I found the Springfield pics before the Colt so both are attached. I also found one with my Winchester 32-20 in my hand so I added that one as well (if I have a real favorite gun, it is the turn of the century Winchester). The only pic of the Springfield with the site up is so dark I doubt you can see much but you can see a little of it in the one I have not played much with the sight as I rarely distance shoot at all.

Joane

Just sent a reply to your previous post and then saw this one! Thanks for posting the pics, Joane. Fine looking guns and in excellent shape! Am I seeing right...that Colt is gold plated? Engraved, too. Wonder what more of the history is behind that gun.

I recognize the sight on the Springfield. Looks like a Marbles tang peep. They've made them forever. Quite popular for a long time.

My 1885 came with one, too. But it's too short on range adjustment, so I replaced it.

My favorite repeater is, also, a '73 Winchester. there's just something classic about its lines and the way it hefts.

Now that is one fine SASS outfit you have on! Definately suits you. The only thing missing is a set of spurs with big silver rowls, jingle-bobs and a fancy set of spur straps with a big concho and silver buttons. I'm betting one of the crew, here, could come up

with something that would match your outfit.

Thanks, again for sharing the pics!

Just sent a reply to your previous post and then saw this one! Thanks for posting the pics, Joane. Fine looking guns and in excellent shape! Am I seeing right...that Colt is gold plated? Engraved, too. Wonder what more of the history is behind that gun.

I recognize the sight on the Springfield. Looks like a Marbles tang peep. They've made them forever. Quite popular for a long time.

My 1885 came with one, too. But it's too short on range adjustment, so I replaced it.

My favorite repeater is, also, a '73 Winchester. there's just something classic about its lines and the way it hefts.

Now that is one fine SASS outfit you have on! Definately suits you. The only thing missing is a set of spurs with big silver rowls, jingle-bobs and a fancy set of spur straps with a big concho and silver buttons. I'm betting one of the crew, here, could come up

with something that would match your outfit.

Thanks, again for sharing the pics!

The Colt is a .41LC. The Winchester is the .32-20. The Winchester goes with a pair of .32-20s that I commissioned from Gary Reeder in Flagstaff. They are 7 1/2 inch barrels and are extremely accurate providing they don't jam. I had a lot of problems with them until my gunsmilth buddy basically rebuilt them. Since then, they have been very reliable.

I agree about the spurs, but those Spanish riding boots in that outfit are really glitzy and there are rhinestones on them that would interfer with spurs. I found this site because I was looking for a spur maker from Delta, Colorado from whom I purchased a pair of spurs a number of years ago. Kevin Peebler. They are some of the most unique and fun spurs I have ever seen, and I wondered what had become of him. He used to have a website but now I cannot find one for him. I have a number of spurs (and agree that there is always room for more). They decorate my dining room right along with the antique china and guns! A home should have a sense of humor.

But I must say that I think that some of Tina's painted leather (that Johanna locked away from us) :spoton: would certainly become interesting conversation pieces -- if you have been following that thread

The Colt is a .41LC. The Winchester is the .32-20. The Winchester goes with a pair of .32-20s that I commissioned from Gary Reeder in Flagstaff. They are 7 1/2 inch barrels and are extremely accurate providing they don't jam. I had a lot of problems with them until my gunsmilth buddy basically rebuilt them. Since then, they have been very reliable.

I agree about the spurs, but those Spanish riding boots in that outfit are really glitzy and there are rhinestones on them that would interfer with spurs. I found this site because I was looking for a spur maker from Delta, Colorado from whom I purchased a pair of spurs a number of years ago. Kevin Peebler. They are some of the most unique and fun spurs I have ever seen, and I wondered what had become of him. He used to have a website but now I cannot find one for him. I have a number of spurs (and agree that there is always room for more). They decorate my dining room right along with the antique china and guns! A home should have a sense of humor.

But I must say that I think that some of Tina's painted leather (that Johanna locked away from us) :spoton: would certainly become interesting conversation pieces -- if you have been following that thread

.41 LC...I'd forgotten there was such a cartridge!

Sorry to hear you had jamming problems. I checked Reeder's site. Looks like he reworks Vaqueros. It's a good gun. What the heck caused the jams?

Had a minor problem with my Colt. The chambers slugged out smaller than the bore. Took a little investigation on my part to find the

problem...some miniscule burrs on mouth of the chamber throats. I just took them off with a cutter and they all slugged out to .429. That's when the accuracy shot up! :)

Didn't know about the rhinestones on the boots. That is a problem. The only solution is to get a different pair! Ya gotta have spurs with

that outfit. :)

(decorating with spurs and china...is that what's called eclectic?) :unsure:

Haven't followed the thread. I'll have to check it out.