I've only been at this about a month and I look forward from learning a lot from all of you. In fact, I just found this site yesterday, and I've already learned quite a bit. Thanks.

IMG_0630.JPG

IMG_3179.JPG

IMG_0639.JPG

IMG_3108.JPG

post-13514-126524235913_thumb.jpg

post-13514-126524241662_thumb.jpg

post-13514-126524243736_thumb.jpg

post-13514-126524245906_thumb.jpg

I've only been at this about a month and I look forward from learning a lot from all of you. In fact, I just found this site yesterday, and I've already learned quite a bit. Thanks.

Greg it looks like you have learned to make some fine Holsters. You are on to a good start.

NOW GO THE THE BELT SECTION AND MAKE YOURSELF A NEW BELT... :whatdoyouthink::red_bandana::rofl:

I see nothing to laugh at, I think you are probably your own worst critic. Looks good from here.

Great work, I think they look very nice.

+1 on the belt , a double thick belt makes all the diffrence in carry. they can be a PITA to hand stitch though.

Geez... What's there to laugh at? That's some fine work for a beginner. I wish my first projects were that nice! smile.gif

Keep up the good work!

Forgot to ask, what model is that N frame?

Forgot to ask, what model is that N frame?

It's a hack job. It started out as a 455 British. It was rechambered for 45 Colt, the barrel cut and recessed crowned to 4", and different sights added. I wash it was original for value purposes, but I like it because it shoots great.

If it was minty original, you probably wouldn't enjoy it as much. Sounds like a great shooter from here. Is it a triple lock, or second model?

Second model. I wish it was a triple lock.

Thats still a nice shooter, it perked me up.

Thanks. I like it. I think I paid $250 for it at a show a few years back. I like the old Smiths, but shy away from the prices. I'd love to buy a bunch of shooter grades, but all of them I find have mint prices on them.

http://smith-wessonforum.com/forum.php

You ever go here? There are things in there that will really make your mouth water!Holysheep.gif

The J frame belongs to my wife. It is a flat latch model 37. She has the correct grips, but carries it, and likes the rubbers better. It's a pretty nice revolver.

I love old Smiths, but not the prices for the models I like (N frames). I keep my eyes open for a holster worn model 28, I saw some a few years ago, shouldn't have passed on.