Sign in to follow this  
3arrows

Center Groover Foot

Hi, everyone, hope yall are doing ok. We are about to mildew down here in Georgia if it rains anymore. Though, I guess this is better than snow and ice.

Anyway, Im trying to see if anyone has a used and not too abused Center Groover Leather Presser Foot that would fit my Artisan Toro 4000 sewing machine. Let me know if anyone has one for sale...thanks ron.

Hi, everyone, hope yall are doing ok. We are about to mildew down here in Georgia if it rains anymore. Though, I guess this is better than snow and ice.

Anyway, Im trying to see if anyone has a used and not too abused Center Groover Leather Presser Foot that would fit my Artisan Toro 4000 sewing machine. Let me know if anyone has one for sale...thanks ron.

HI Ron

Make one yourself! If you have a spare foot it is a pretty simple mater to turn it in to a groover foot with a dremmel tool. Just grind away each side of the foot untill you have a center rib that sticks up about 1/16 inch, or higher if you wish. I have modified both top and bottom foot mon my machine so that it sets the thread just lower than the surface of the leather. Makes the thread last a lot longer on harness and is not as labor intensive as having to cut groves by hand.

Jim

Hay Ron

call Steve leather machine company, I think his foot might fit your machine and he will give you a deal.

Josh

Thanks for the ideas, guys... appreciate the response back. I'll call Steve first and if I cant get one, Ill buy a regular foot off of ebay and make me one...great idea...thanks ron