Tina

I Just Have To Brag Some...

Of course I could not stop totally to have some leather sround me, a few weeks ago I did get some leather and tools out of the storage and made me a small workspace (very small indead)

Anyways, some of my family members started to get real nosy and eventually my daughter Jannicke said she just had to try it out. So after some guidance (and I did do all the swivelcarving, she ain't there yet *S* she made a small trial bookmark...I thought she did good enough so I decided to challenge her with this maple pattern. Just some words, hints and small tips and this is what came out: (I do have other family members standing inline to learn, this is loads of fun *S*)

JannickesSecond.jpg

post-5624-126589901075_thumb.jpg

HI Tina;;

That a girl , show mama who's daughter you are.....Jannicke you did so good with that piece...you simply must do more,,and tell mama to post photo's ,, (a family that tools together stay's together)

Doc

Hey Tina,

That is some wonderful work....tell her to keep posting her results....

She's very talented indeed.

David

Millions of Thanks all, I will for sure show her this:-)...I'm going to try convince her to become a member here herself.

Tina it seems that the apple does not fall too far fom the tree. How old is your daughter? That is some very nice carving.

Storm

Very well done indeed, she has a real talent for leatherwork. She should be very proud of what she has done. Please keep posting her work for everyone to enjoy.

Very nice work !! Looks like she has been tooling and carving for years.

Ok thanks everyone!

I still think it doesnt look nearly as nice as mom does but maby a good start, she said " i could have done this" when I was finished, I think she was just beeing a mom ofc ;)

/Jannicke

Ok thanks everyone!

I still think it doesnt look nearly as nice as mom does but maby a good start, she said " i could have done this" when I was finished, I think she was just beeing a mom ofc ;)

/Jannicke

Jannicke,

Welcome and glad to see another person trying their hand at leather. Give it a few months and we will all be learning something from you. Don't discount your talent. But also remember that you have a great teacher right there with you.

Välkommen och glad över att se en annan person försöka sig på läder. Ge det några månader och vi kommer alla att lära sig något från dig. Gör rabatt inte din talang. Men också ihåg att du har en bra lärare där med dig.

Tack,

Storm

Jannicke, that is very nice work for a beginner. Well, not even just for a beginner, it's just very nice, period. You're a chip off the ol' block, for sure!

Tina, you know if you teach everyone in your family to do leatherwork, getting a bigger studio might suddenly become a much higher priority. ;)

Kate

Looks like someone should start writing tutorials, for people like me (hint hint), and post them on here!! Both of you do fabulous work!! I can't wait to see more.

thumbsup.gif

How old is your daughter?

Storm

Ladys and adges you know *S* lets just say under 30 :-)

Jannicke,

Välkommen och glad över att se en annan person försöka sig på läder. Ge det några månader och vi kommer alla att lära sig något från dig. Gör rabatt inte din talang. Men också ihåg att du har en bra lärare där med dig.

Tack,

Storm

I HAVE to ask...How many languages do you speak??? I have seen you use several??? (=Impressed!)

Jannicke, that is very nice work for a beginner. Well, not even just for a beginner, it's just very nice, period. You're a chip off the ol' block, for sure!

Tina, you know if you teach everyone in your family to do leatherwork, getting a bigger studio might suddenly become a much higher priority. wink.gif

Kate

The idea have come to mind, maybe the nem webpage (coming shortly) ends up being a family hobby page thumbsup.gif

thumbsup.gif

I HAVE to ask...How many languages do you speak??? I have seen you use several??? (=Impressed!)

The idea have come to mind, maybe the nem webpage (coming shortly) ends up being a family hobby page thumbsup.gif

mooooooooom dööööööööö its called google translate ;)

And Im 27, I have NO problem with my age :) (lier lier pants on fire haha)

Hi Tina,,, It's been a long time since we've talked,,, But I just had to jump in here. It's very obvious that your Daughter, has some inhereted Talent! I'm sure that with some tutaledge from you,,, we all better get on top of our game!! She deffinately has the eye for detail,,, even though I can see some of your insite applied. Great Job!! Looks like She will be needing a good set of tools for herself soon! Happy Tooling,,, Ed the"BearMan"

thumbsup.gif

Well as you hardly look old enough to have a daughter on the down side of 30 we will leave it at"S". HA!

As to my languages... That is a secret too. We all have our little secrets. As many languages as it can get me in trouble with I suppose.

Låt oss säga att jag m lika gamla som jag ser och har varit ute och reser och arbetar över hela världen i över 42 år. Jag visste redan tyska och engelska innan jag började. Om du kan tro det ... armén testade mig och sa att jag hade ingen apptitude för språk. Jag har en personlig teori och det är att när jag var ett barn de fick mig att dricka mjölk getter. Jag var allergisk mot min mor. Jag är fortfarande för den delen. Låt mig fråga dig en sak. Är det inte att du känner dig mer bekväm när någon talar till dig på ditt eget språk?

However I am best at English so you must forgive my imperfections! :lol:

Storm

mooooooooom dööööööööö its called google translate ;)

Or is it!?!?!? Inga fler svenska för dig!

Edited by Storm

Hi Tina,,, It's been a long time since we've talked,,, But I just had to jump in here. It's very obvious that your Daughter, has some inhereted Talent! I'm sure that with some tutaledge from you,,, we all better get on top of our game!! She deffinately has the eye for detail,,, even though I can see some of your insite applied. Great Job!! Looks like She will be needing a good set of tools for herself soon! Happy Tooling,,, Ed the"BearMan"

yeah...I'm alreaddy seeing my tools "walking" down the stairs *LOL* (for the time being we do live in the same building) I'm just a proud mom, she's doing so great and with just little hints from me and all the tools she could need, I wish I had it all when I started out *LOL* The number one tip is: Use the modeling tool the most:-)

True about the time, it's been soooo boring not being able to create, I neeeeed it. Anyways now we're working in team and hopefully we have enough stuff to attend a viking fair in August, all dressed up.

Well as you hardly look old enough to have a daughter on the down side of 30 we will leave it at"S". HA!

As to my languages... That is a secret too. We all have our little secrets. As many languages as it can get me in trouble with I suppose.

Låt oss säga att jag m lika gamla som jag ser och har varit ute och reser och arbetar över hela världen i över 42 år. Jag visste redan tyska och engelska innan jag började. Om du kan tro det ... armén testade mig och sa att jag hade ingen apptitude för språk. Jag har en personlig teori och det är att när jag var ett barn de fick mig att dricka mjölk getter. Jag var allergisk mot min mor. Jag är fortfarande för den delen. Låt mig fråga dig en sak. Är det inte att du känner dig mer bekväm när någon talar till dig på ditt eget språk?

However I am best at English so you must forgive my imperfections! laugh.gif

Storm

mooooooooom dööööööööö its called google translate wink.gif

Storm, to me your translations did not look as the ones my hubby makes with the google translater, they where "to much right" and it felt like you actually did this yourself:-)

Jag har haft engelska språket runt om mig större delen av mitt liv och förstår kanske 99%, bara min gramatik är hemsk men det är den på svenska med, speciellt i skrift. Så, om jag är mer bekväm i svenska? Jag vet inte, jag kan till och med gräla riktigt bra på engelska med *LMAO*

yeah...I'm alreaddy seeing my tools "walking" down the stairs *LOL* (for the time being we do live in the same building) I'm just a proud mom, she's doing so great and with just little hints from me and all the tools she could need, I wish I had it all when I started out *LOL* The number one tip is: Use the modeling tool the most:-)

True about the time, it's been soooo boring not being able to create, I neeeeed it. Anyways now we're working in team and hopefully we have enough stuff to attend a viking fair in August, all dressed up.

ink.gif[/img]

Storm, to me your translations did not look as the ones my hubby makes with the google translater, they where "to much right" and it felt like you actually did this yourself:-)

Jag har haft engelska språket runt om mig större delen av mitt liv och förstår kanske 99%, bara min gramatik är hemsk men det är den på svenska med, speciellt i skrift. Så, om jag är mer bekväm i svenska? Jag vet inte, jag kan till och med gräla riktigt bra på engelska med *LMAO*

Well talk about me getting a snap on the nose for that comment ;)

I actually never used google translate but my fiancé has and he said it was good so I actually took the liberty to asume that you used that. My misstake ;)

Swedish is not the 1st language one would expect ANYONE in this world to learn if one doesnt live here, so I appologize Storm ;)

+ I always want to badger my mom for something that she doesnt know, Im a terrorist-doughter hahaha (She will most definitely agree to that one)

I will post my progression as it comes along, Im still SUCH a newbe and it will take a LOOOONG time before I start cutting?carving? you know the thing with the knife thingie, the pattern out myself, mom is sooo much better than me at that, yes Ive tryed, SUX! I also feel I have to get the lingo :S anyone like to post me a quickie dictionary with the most common slangs?

That's what I like to see someone on here a little closer to my age. Nice work girl! Like everyone else said for a beginner you have quite the talent. Keep it up and post your work.

Hi Tina,

It's so good to hear that you got some of your tools out again and even better to hear that you are teaching!! It looks like you are as good at teaching as you are at carving. :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Jannicke,

Welcome to the world of leather carving and to Leatherworker.net!! It looks like leather carving talent runs in your family. Your carving is VERY good. I hope we get to see lots more from you (and your mom).

Jannicke,

Glad your Mom is passing on here amazing talent, love your work.

keep posting I think you got some stuff even your mom will be impressed with.

Josh

Hi Tina,

It's so good to hear that you got some of your tools out again and even better to hear that you are teaching!! It looks like you are as good at teaching as you are at carving. You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

Jannicke,

Welcome to the world of leather carving and to Leatherworker.net!! It looks like leather carving talent runs in your family. Your carving is VERY good. I hope we get to see lots more from you (and your mom).

Hi Clay:-)

To keep sanity I just HAD to get something going, I had leatherbug withdrawls BigTime and I was getting grumphier by the minute *LOL*

I do like to teach, it's very satisfying when you see someone "get's it" and I'm soo happy that you like her tooling, I guess somethings does run in the family:-)

Wow, Time to get a Workbench that Seats two now, she really has the talent for it(And a Great Teacher of course)! Great work!

Edited by Thalaskaru

Wow, your girl has some talent too! Very nice!!

Wow thanks everyone....I never thought it was THAT good but your words sure are a good reason to continue with this tooling thingie ;)

Im not good a taking a compliment, never have been..but thanks anyways.

/J