Jim

Us Cs Stamps

Hi folks,

After being asked "where to 'em" I sent Ron at Hide Crafters the layout for the elusive US and CS Stamps for military leather. He can get them made for you or if you have a source, here are the layouts on PDF.

Enjoy,

Jim

US - CS Embossing Stamps .pdf

US - CS Embossing Stamps .pdf

Edited by Jim

Thanks Jim ;

I was looking them just the other day.. good timing my friend ,THANKS ....Doc....

Saw these today. http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item4a9f7bac8c I've bought a few things from them. Nice stamps.

charlie

Hello. What size would I have on them stamps if I want to use them on holsters an be

close to the one they used back in the 1800?

//BhB

Hello - I have mentioned these folks before when I see someone is looking for something

duckcreektraders might have available. They make 2 sizes of US & CS leather emboss plates.

The smaller one is 1 1/4"x 3/4" and it fits on slings, belts, accessory straps, hat bands, badges, cap boxes,

regimental plaques, etc., and a bullet pouch like this...

post-15330-075032700 1295261405_thumb.jp post-15330-053712400 1295261362_thumb.jp

The larger size of US & CS leather emboss plates is 2 3/4" x 1 5/8" and you can

find a lot of uses for these on various projects from holsters, cartridge boxes, bags, canteen covers...

post-15330-073453200 1295261473_thumb.jp

and they used it on One of Many gun holsters - that sold last year and I have a picture of it too.

post-15330-083011600 1295261454_thumb.jp

I have quite a few of their emboss plates and emboss rolls also. They have a wide variety of 100's of designs to choose from and they always have something different up for sale on ebay - And they also have a website Bunkhousetools where you can go and look through what they have and order from them there or ask when they might have it up for auction. These folks are really Great to deal with and have Super Customer Service. I am a fan, can't you tell.....

Hope this is of help to you

Edited by LNLeather

I recently bought the large US stamp. These have to be used with a press so you know. They can't be hammered. john

I recently bought the large US stamp. These have to be used with a press so you know. They can't be hammered. john

Tanx John. I've made me a press that works just fine.

Oh, Yes, these need to be used with a shop press or a clicker...

These are instructions from Duckcreektraders

post-15330-065127400 1295270844_thumb.jp

*Over on another post about using an Arbor Press,

'Gawdzilla' mentioned that the small ones can be used with a C-clamp....

....and probably a solid piece of metal above and below.

What is a clicker? John

What is a clicker? John

Clicker is a Die Press - I don't know why they call them that...

The Tippmann Clicker is sooo easy to use for Cutting or Embossing leather with cutting dies and emboss plates.

post-15330-060945300 1295272699_thumb.jp Tippmann 700 Clicker (or 1500) Die Press - runs on air.

post-15330-038156600 1295272950_thumb.jp Electric - Craftsman 1 hp 7 gal.

*Tippmann also makes high quality cutting dies, with great prices too - made to your specifications.

I have this set up and there is so much less wasted leather.

While I am learning leather work... I am trying to make some money too, making small items

like Coasters, and Christmas ornaments etc.

I can get over 200 3 1/2" Perfectly round or square coasters out of a full hide with very minimal waste.

You can see the Tippmann Clickers on ebay or click on the link at the top of this page - they advertise their Clicker, Boss & Embosser up there.

I got my Clicker for $1650.00. and for me - it has paid for it self.

There is a Tippmann Clicker 1500 Leather Air Powered Die Press on sale right now on ebay

Edited by LNLeather

Whats the deep of the impression and what do I have to pay for the stamp/s?

Maby I have a friend that can make them for me :-)

Whats the deep of the impression and what do I have to pay for the stamp/s?

Maby I have a friend that can make them for me :-)

If you go to ebay Duckcreektraders on ebay you can look at their items up for sale,

there are 2 or 3 pictures for each item, that will show you what they look like on different projects.

From what I have seen, (imho) I think their prices are Very Reasonable. It just depends on what you are making.

Use the impression as is, or use it for a pattern and add your own tooling to it or around it...

Here's an example of the Matched Pair Saddle Pattern Emboss Plates 4 3_8" x 5" and just one of their examples.

post-15330-055025900 1295304989_thumb.jp

Your options are endless...

....back to the original post and the US & CS emboss plates

post-15330-085561000 1295308762_thumb.jp post-15330-096066200 1295308796_thumb.jp post-15330-095744700 1295308809_thumb.jp

Edited by LNLeather

duckcreektraders makes 2 sizes of US & CS leather emboss plates.

*The smaller set is 1 1/4"x 3/4" and it fits on slings, belts, accessory straps, hat bands, badges, cap boxes,

regimental plaques, etc., and a bullet pouch like this...

FYI - The small set is up for sale today

post-15330-009869500 1296138336_thumb.jp

Edited by LNLeather

I've been looking for that CSA font for a long time. I don't necesarily need a stamp. I can just enlarge it or reduce it on my computer and transfer it to tracing film. I wonder where I can find the "A" as I want to make the square confederate belt buckle style that has "CSA" on it, not just CS. My brother does relic hunting here in VA and he has loads of relics. I wanted to make a square CSA belt buckle for him out of one of those square Tandy leather buckles with the leather insert.

I saved the PDF of the CS and US oval pattern. That is awesome. Anyone know where I can get the A that matches the font?

Thanks,

Toddo

Just thought I'd mention.....

These emboss plates are up for bid over at ebay

post-15330-088020500 1297965344_thumb.jp

US & CS Leather Emboss Plates 2 3/4" x 1 5/8"

pictures of sample holsters

post-15330-063854000 1297965412_thumb.jp

post-15330-066673100 1297965430_thumb.jp

duckcreektraders on ebay

website - BUNKHOUSE TOOLS

FYI - I am such a big fan of their emboss plates

and they have some really great stuff up right now.......