Sign in to follow this  
wildrose

Mirror For My Sister

I'd made a different style one years back, but the wooden frame of it broke during their move to NC from NH. She'd asked me for a new one, and I thought with her birthday coming up Mar.7 it would be a good time!

I know she'll like this, but myself I'm not 100% happy with it. She's a big fan of purple, so I went with thistle purple hi-lite; took a few coats but looks okay to me. I used contact cement on both the leather and the mirror. I decided to add the upholstery nails because the mirror is not flat/flush with the wooden back. Likely the glue would've held it, but thought an extra hold wouldn't hurt. However, I'm not sure I shouldn't have put a few around the leather part too? I'm going to see her at the end of this month, so it could get some other details before then...

Anyhow, I might be a bit hyper critical of it, but those are my thoughts.

007.JPG004.JPG

post-5639-126608510841_thumb.jpg

post-5639-126608511496_thumb.jpg

HI Wildrose;;I bet your sissy will be realy pleased with the mirror;;pretty nice birthday gift;;;;purple is one of my fav't colors ..just hard to work it into my stuff...........good job girl..........Doc.....

Looks great, Holly. I kinda cringed when I saw the tacks on the mirror, but you pulled it off. Your sister should love it.

Thanks both of you!