Sign in to follow this  
Jannicke

Start Of A Purse?

Well I promised I would keep posting stuff i "tool"? carve or whatever u guys call it wink.gif

This is a pattern from a norwegian church from the time of the vikings and my mom cut it and stuff so I could beat it wink.gif

Well anyways Only the strings on the guitarr looking thingie isnt done otherwise its just the coloring left :D

niki2.jpg

post-13638-126618224987_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jannicke

Great job !! Nice pattern to, guess a person needs to open their eyes and look around and we'll find all kinds of ideals for designs.

John

HI Jannicke;; good work ,however tracing ink is hard to deal with;;;do you know any histery on the motief??your tooling's looking great ,keep it up girl.....Doc....

Edited by terrahyd

Very nice work. You did a good job. Show us pictures when you are done. You must get your talent from your Mom.

HI Jannicke;; good work ,however tracing ink is hard to deal with;;;do you know any histery on the motief??your tooling's looking great ,keep it up girl.....Doc....

Mama might know something about the pattern:-) It comes from the Hylestad church in Norway, dated around 1175 AD. I have used several of the patterns on that church, more pictures is coming shortly.

Hi Jannicke,

That's a neat pattern and you did a nice job on it. If you get a chance before you color it, use a modeling tool to smooth some of the beveling marks. On the picture you can see what I mean if you look at his leg, it looks like a small ridge. Cleaning that up and rounding over most of the beveled edges will give your carving just a little more finished look. I can't wait to see how you color it and how it looks finished.

Hi Jannicke,

That's a neat pattern and you did a nice job on it. If you get a chance before you color it, use a modeling tool to smooth some of the beveling marks. On the picture you can see what I mean if you look at his leg, it looks like a small ridge. Cleaning that up and rounding over most of the beveled edges will give your carving just a little more finished look. I can't wait to see how you color it and how it looks finished.

:D yeah thx for that tip! I can see that too and especially on the photo of it ;)

I will post the finished thingie here when its done ;)

Thx for the comments and ppl dont be afraid to critizise me!!!!! tell me what im doing wrong or what I can do better/improve and so forth.

Thanks again

J

Nice work. I would suggest that since this seems to be a representation of Gunnar who was thrown into a snake pit by Atilla the Hun - that you go with the legend which relates that he played his lyre with his toes since his hands were tied. To that end, you might mark in some lines to show that he is barefoot and playing music with his toes.

Nice work. I would suggest that since this seems to be a representation of Gunnar who was thrown into a snake pit by Atilla the Hun - that you go with the legend which relates that he played his lyre with his toes since his hands were tied. To that end, you might mark in some lines to show that he is barefoot and playing music with his toes.

Actually....I have absolutly NO clue about any story related to this pic...you see my mom is the one who got me in to this carving thingie Im not picking patterns to do she does it for me and Im not cutting them out either she does that for me too..u know the thing you do with the knife before starting to "tool(?)" them. But Im sure its got some sort of story to it wink.gif like everything else from that era tongue.gif

If your take on it is correct i think it would be a cool idea to show his bare feet so thx for that tip tongue.gif

Ill get my mom to explain how the pattern came to be cuz she knows that type of information wink.gif

/J

Edited by Jannicke