Anyboy here have a pattern for a double speedloader pouch they wouldn't mind sharing?

Anyboy here have a pattern for a double speedloader pouch they wouldn't mind sharing?

Ok, I found one and it is pretty plain. I believe this was for .357 cal, and probably safariland speedloaders, that straddle the belt. You would have to round the corners and fit the snaps in the right place.

The best I can remember, as your are looking at the pattern, it is in the completely open frontal view. The shorter portion (top of photo) 1 3/4" would be the top of the pouch. The bottom long piece would be behind the belt (police duty belt 2") and bend upwards toward the top front of the belt. The short top pieces would have the female snaps, and the bottom long pieces would have the male snaps. Like I said they is very plain jane. I would rounds the corners, then grove and stitch. If you are making this for a narrower belt, then shorten the pieces. I would make a heavy paper pattern the get the right fit. Also this was form fitted (wet) to the loaded speedloaders.

If this picture is too hard to see, PM me with your email and I will send the full size version.

Hope this helps.

speedloader (842 x 1158).jpg

post-12634-126628656232_thumb.jpg

Edited by BillinOK

Thanks a lot, Bill. That will definitely be a place to start. I've thought about trying one for a while, and couldn't quite wrap my mind around it. This helps a lot.

Gregg, This is "Think About It" from TGO. I have a pretty good one and some pics of it, but I'm not where I can upload them. I'm gonna shoot you an email for now and come back and upload them later. I hope that's okay.

post-20184-003687700 1299280413_thumb.jp

Edited by BigK

Here's a some pics of my "prototype" model. I'll dye it British Tan, this weekend.

5497868117_f4e85ea546.jpg

5497867785_81a0db6d85.jpg

5498461736_522c3ce4d2.jpg

I like that. It sort of dumps the speedloader out into your hand. Not at all what I had in mind......most likely better. Thanks.

About a year ago I started reading in this forum, and got into leatherwork. I ended making a speed loader pouch for a friend, but I didn’t make templates to recreate it. Then last month he asked me for a second one, this time I make templates and I should be done with it this week. What I can’t figure out is how to add pictures from an iPhone. 

I just ran across this .. Any updates with pictures ...

I’m probably gonna have to get on the computer to upload

https://imgur.com/gallery/DKLKPsg

Here are the Picts of the first one I made from scratch and didn’t make a template for. 

@Sebasopg15 Both look very functional, but your 2nd iteration is streets ahead in finish. It is great to compare 'what was' with 'what is'.

Thank you very much! The first one was done a year exactly before the second one. Work has had me super busy, so I don’t get a lot of time to work on leather like I’d like to. But when I find some time I continue teaching myself. 

Something like this?

P1180416.JPG

Does anyone want to share there patterns for there Speedloader Pouches? Thanks in Advance

I will share on Sunday when I’m home

I will share on Sunday when I’m home

Sorry to everyone that was waiting on my template, i will be uploading it now. I'm in the military and my schedule is all over the place. I never got home on Sunday, just got off duty today.

Scan.jpeg

Scan 1.jpeg

Edited by Sebasopg15

Wow  Thank Y'all so much when I ran across this old thread I was wondering if anyone had any fresh ideas .. Gives me plenty to work with ..