Sign in to follow this  
cumberlandhighpower

What Adhesive For Leather In Glue Machine?

What kind of adhesive should I use in a potdevin glue machine?

I plan to glue leather strips in my glue machine, however I am seeking advice on what adhesive to use in the machine.

Up to this point I use Dap Contact Cement (By hand) but iin this machine I am not sure if I can use it or not.

I looked on Potdevins site, however I do not see anything suitable for leather straps.

Does anyone glue straps in a Potdevin or similar glue machine? If so please share your story.

What kind of adhesive should I use in a potdevin glue machine?

I plan to glue leather strips in my glue machine, however I am seeking advice on what adhesive to use in the machine.

Up to this point I use Dap Contact Cement (By hand) but iin this machine I am not sure if I can use it or not.

I looked on Potdevins site, however I do not see anything suitable for leather straps.

Does anyone glue straps in a Potdevin or similar glue machine? If so please share your story.

Potdevins machines work with a range of glues including water-based glues, latex and resins. You don't say which model you have.

I would be inclined to call them on: 201-288-1941 and ask which glue they recommend for your machine. They seem like nice people and very helpful. You might want to ask for James Byrnes, who is their Sales/Marketing Manager. He will know what glue you should use.

Ray

Potdevins machines work with a range of glues including water-based glues, latex and resins. You don't say which model you have.

I would be inclined to call them on: 201-288-1941 and ask which glue they recommend for your machine. They seem like nice people and very helpful. You might want to ask for James Byrnes, who is their Sales/Marketing Manager. He will know what glue you should use.

Ray

HI Ray,

the potdevin I have is the "Edge Gluer" model.

HI Ray,

the potdevin I have is the "Edge Gluer" model.

Its designed for water based glue. The tank is open and the motor is not protected from the fumes. If you use solvent based glue, besides the fire hazard, the glue will dry too fast and gum up the machine.

Its designed for water based glue. The tank is open and the motor is not protected from the fumes. If you use solvent based glue, besides the fire hazard, the glue will dry too fast and gum up the machine.

I wonder if the water based Dap Contact Cement I am seeing around would work?