BillinOK

Starting A Master List Of Craftaids

I didn't know where to post this, so I'll start here. I have started a sort of master list of craftaids, thanks in part to Max in New York. This list is in Microsoft works spreadsheet format. So far there are 460+ craftaids on the list ( 9 pages). The list contains the craftaid #, type of craftaid (billfold, belt, etc), a short description (floral, horse, etc.), and the artist. I know there are many, many more that are not on the list. I would like to have your help in building this list. If you would be interested in the list, or helping build it, PM me and I will send what I have, or send me a list of what you have and I will add it. My goal is to have a complete master list of these. I talked to Tandy Leather in Ft. Worth, and they didn't think a list existed. I have attached a .jpg of one page to show you what it looks like. There are blanks and numbers skipped. Let me know what you think.

Snip of carftaid (600 x 535)2.jpg

post-12634-12675881452_thumb.jpg

BillinOK

Although I understand the desire, I am not sure how useful it would be without pictures of the actual design since I tend to look first at the design or art work before I look at who did it or the style. Just my preference.

BillB

BillinOK

Although I understand the desire, I am not sure how useful it would be without pictures of the actual design since I tend to look first at the design or art work before I look at who did it or the style. Just my preference.

BillB

Hi Bill

I have thought about adding the pics to the list. Right now I'm just interested in getting a list started. My ideal list would also include the date along with the pic.

Thanks for your thoughts because that gets me thinking about it.

Bill

Hi Bill

I have thought about adding the pics to the list. Right now I'm just interested in getting a list started. My ideal list would also include the date along with the pic.

Bill

I think you might try looking in the IILG web site http://iilg.org/ and look for your information there in the members section. If I remember right, there is a section that already has this information in it. Might save yourself some time and effort. Joe

Hi Bill

Bill

I think that I need to check these things out before I start typing. I went to the IILG web site and couldn't locate what I said was there. But I do know that someone else has done this, maybe it was Cathy Schim, but I'm not sure. Memory is the first to go. Hope I didn't mislead you too much.

Hi Joe,

Well I posted on IILG and that was where I got the response from Max at. Maybe I better dig a little before going much further. No, you didn't mislead me. I am just amazed that Tandy didn't have a list. They suggested obtaining some of their old catologs and start from there. That would have taken a while, let alone trying to track down old catologs. I would just like to see a completed list and like Bill said, pictures with the list. I know this will take a while.

I'll do some digging at IILG and make sure. I may send Cathy a line and see if there is anything we have missed.

Edited by BillinOK

email me at kdixon4423@gmail.com for my list. I suppose we can compare. Kieth

Edited by Kieth

I started collecting my craftaid collections, but with pictures and information only listed in the file name.

good luck.

Some other sources for this information would be on eBay (Lots of them sold there) and on the back of the older doodle pages where they advertised them.

A Facebook Group has started on this topic, the name of the group is "Tandy Craftaid Template Database" https://www.facebook.com/groups/1373586829381487/1374614772612026/?notif_t=like&notif_id=1489255564521288  I too am amazed that Tandy does not have a list.

I have just started to catalog my craftaids, I'll post when I get finished.  J-D

Edited by MAC JD

Craftaid No. 2017                Craftool Co.    Billfold Craftaid No. 2017 Oak Leaves Acorns WITH Template
Craftaid No. 2055        1978        Craftool Co.    Checkbook Craftaid No. 2055 Flowers Leaves WITH Template
Craftaid No. 2190        1977        Craftool Co.    Billfold Craftaid No. 2190 Buck & Squirrel WITH Template
Craftaid No. 2230        1984        Craftool Co.    Billfold Craftaid No. 2230 Oak Leaves Acorns WITH Template
Craftaid No. 2310        1953        Craftool Co.    Billfold Craftaid No. 2310 Deer Jumping WITH Template
Craftaid No. 2340        1953        Craftool Co.    Billfold Craftaid No. 2340 Flowers Leaves WITH Template (DEFORMED)
Craftaid No. 2430        1953        Craftool Co.    Billfold Craftaid No. 2430 Flowers Leaves NO PLASTIC Template (Matches 2431)
Craftaid No. 2431        1953        Craftool Co.    Belt Craftaid No. 2431 Flowers Leaves 1 1/4 Inch WITH Template
Craftaid No. 2540        1953        Craftool Co.    Alphabet Craftaid No. 2540 3/4 Inch Letters WITH Template
Craftaid No. 2560        1984        Craftool Co.    Billfold Craftaid No. 2560 Scared Horse WITH Template
Craftaid No. 2600        1953    Al Stohlman    Craftool Co.    Billfold Craftaid No. 2600 Horse & Shack NO PLASTIC Template
Craftaid No. 2643        1953        Craftool Co.    Key Case Craftaid No. 2643 Flowers Leaves WITH Template
Craftaid No. 2810        1956        Craftool Co.    Billfold Craftaid No. 2810 Horse Head & Flower NO PLASTIC Template
Craftaid No. 2821        1953        Craftool Co.    Belt Craftaid No. 2821 Leaves 1 1/4 Inch WITH Template (DEFORMED)
Craftaid No. 2985            Al Stohlman    Craftool Co.    Handbag Craftaid No. 2985 Roses NO PLASTIC Template
Craftaid No. 3050                Craftaid Co.    Billfold Craftaid No. 3050 Flowers Leaves NO PLASTIC Template
Craftaid No. 3207        1960        Craftool Co.    Alphabet Craftaid No. 3207 2 Inch Letters A-I, W K L U NO PLASTIC Template
Craftaid No. 3220        1960        Craftool Co.    Billfold Craftaid No. 3220 Maple Leaves Seeds WITH Template
Craftaid No. 3403        1980        Craftool Co.    Billfold Belt Craftaid No. 3403 Flowers Leaves WITH Template
Craftaid No. 3730                Craftool Co.    Billfold Craftaid No. 3730 Duck Pond Reeds WITH 2 Templates (1 BROKEN)
Craftaid No. 4010        1978        Craftool Co.    Billfold Craftaid No. 4010 Deer Jumping WITH Template
Craftaid No. 6550        1973        Craftool Co.    Belt Craftaid No. 6550 Leaves 1 1/2 Inch WITH Template

I did notice something else, Some say Craftool CO and others say Crafrtaid CO.