blinddog

Looking For Shoemaking Tools

Hi All,

I'm looking for some shoemaking tools if anyone has extras or a good

source, I'd love to hear from you. Specifically, I need Peg Floats,

Burnishing Irons, and a Welt Creasing Wheel. Also, I'm desperately

searching for a source for the finger shaped Clicker's Whetstones.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi All,

I'm looking for some shoemaking tools if anyone has extras or a good

source, I'd love to hear from you. Specifically, I need Peg Floats,

Burnishing Irons, and a Welt Creasing Wheel. Also, I'm desperately

searching for a source for the finger shaped Clicker's Whetstones.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff,

Can you tell me what a clicker's Whetstone is? I may have it without knowing that that is what is called? I tried a Google search but didn't have any luck.

Thanks,

Henry

Jeff,

Can you tell me what a clicker's Whetstone is? I may have it without knowing that that is what is called? I tried a Google search but didn't have any luck.

Thanks,

Henry

Hi Henry,

I might not be using the right term for it, but it's the stone the clicker in a shoe workshop uses to keep

an edge on his clicking knife. They are about the size of a man's index finger with a blunt taper at the

working end. Generally, a piece of leather is put about half way down the stone as a finger guard.

I've seen these in eBay auctions of shoemaking stuff, but haven't been able to snag one. It seems

they are more prevalent in Europe than on this side of the pond. :-( I've been using my kitchen steel

to touch up my edges while working, but it just doesn't give me the keen knives I need to work efficiently.

Happy Trails,

Jeff

Hi guys I know you are across the pond from me. Woodware Repitions in the UK sell all knds of shoemaking tools, I am sure this a thread in Leatherworker some where that an American dealer is selling there products. I'll have a look and try and post it up.

Found it hope it helps.

Hello everyone, I saw the discussion about Barnsley tools. Edwin Hale is selling Barnsley tools through Hale and Company. He has been working with Colin Barnsley for the past 7 years to get these tools back on the market. He has very high standards when it comes to the trades. He grew up around bespoke trades in England and somehow found himself living in the U.S.. If you are looking for quality tools I would give him a call. You can view his Ebay store site but if you wish to make a purchase call him directly. 805-636-3087. He a very upstanding merchant, check his feedbacks on ebay. If you have questions about the tools purpose he will gladly tell you. He has a great deal of information, many of his friends are bespoke leather makers using traditional methods. Sorry about the length of this.

bootsmt

Thanks for the heads up!

Jeff