wildrose

Next Pay it Forward (starting in May)

No problem Myriam! My thought in doing another on the heels of the first was to bring in anyone who didn't get a chance the first time...then I think we should probably wait a bit before doing another.

Updated List:

Holly/Wild Rose

Mike D/TwinOaks

Jammon

William Vaughn

Ian

RDB

Froghunter

Tammy/TCLeathercraft

Regis

Billy P.

Tazzman/Michael Tully

Timd1159

broncobuster

ferret

Wolfenstien

Pip

Mike D/Twin Oaks was really on the ball! I recieved a fantastic handmade wood slicker/creaser with case that had a great basket weave and execellent braiding. I'll be posting the pic's over the weekend, but I just had to thanks and pay compliment to the awesome work!

Thanks again! Mike D :You_Rock_Emoticon:

You're luck to be near the top, no chance of changing who's "got you"...Pip has to wait to see who might be the next name, or if it's me...

Jammon, you are most welcome, it was my pleasure to send it.

Leathernut, the idea is that to spread good will, cheer, karma, etc... , we 'sign up' on a list for a "Pay It Forward" (PIF) item. You find yourself on the list, look at the name below yours, and make and send something to that person. It's a wonderful idea that kinda blossomed into a marvelous thing. The item's (as far as I know) design, craftsmanship, etc. are up to the creator. It gives all participating a glimpse into something that they perhaps had not considered in leather working. There is no specification as to $ value of the piece, but I like to think that all participating are making things with care and thought. I don't think there's any cases where a saddle maker has sent a $6000 dollar saddle to someone as a PIF, but hey, I can hope.... :whistle:

...ahem...this is really just a nice way to send some of your work to your online friends- to show off your work, and try to brighten somebody's day.

It's a leatherworker.net version of "Send someone a gift to make them happy, and don't worry about what you get for it."

I'll use the PIF I sent Jammon as an example. I read his profile, then decided on what to send him, made it, and sent it. I made it as well as I could, and tried to incorporate some design elements that he and his daughter, being fairly new to leather working might not have had exposure to.

That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. Just a way for us to spread good cheer. Sign up and join us! I think Holly has set the sign up deadline at the beginning of May, so there's plenty of time.

Edited by TwinOaks

creaser2JPG.JPGcreaser.jpg

Mike D/Twin Oaks was really on the ball! I recieved a fantastic handmade wood slicker/creaser with case that had a great basket weave and execellent braiding. I'll be posting the pic's over the weekend, but I just had to thanks and pay compliment to the awesome work!

Thanks again! Mike D :You_Rock_Emoticon:

post-5626-1208744501_thumb.jpg

post-5626-1208744510_thumb.jpg

As it stands, I am taking way way too long with my current PIF, so I need to be removed from this PIF until I get caught up. Then I will get on the next one once I am caught up.

Thanks

Here is the list as it currently stands. I'll keep taking names 'til May 1. For "newcomers", the idea is to send a leather related item to the name after you on the list. It started out as something you make, in "your style" that you think the recipient would enjoy. I know that some folks actually also sent tools. You can check the other Pay It Forward post to see results of the first "round". The last name on the list sends to the first name. We will probably not run this again for a few months...so jump in if you're interested!

Updated List:

Holly/Wild Rose

Mike D/TwinOaks

Jammon

William Vaughn

Ian

RDB

Froghunter

Tammy/TCLeathercraft

Regis

Billy P.

Tazzman/Michael Tully

Timd1159

broncobuster

ferret

Pip

Okay folks, go to - the list stands as it is. Remember, you should contact the name after you on the list for mailing info, etc - and the last person has the first person.

Enjoy! Try to send your items out at some point this month.

Today was outstanding. Mail arrived with a package from Tammy. Wonderful pouch for my collection of cards and a really cool cup holder.

Then, I finished May's PIF and sending out to Bob in the morning mail.

Thank you Tammy :thumbsup:

Tammy_2.jpg

post-463-1210642799_thumb.jpg

You're very welcome, Regis! I'm glad you like them.

~Tammy

It' s here!!!!

Holly read my profile and my interests in fishing and horses and sent an ingenious PIF that combines them. I and my wife were simply blown away by this. Great work, Holly, and many thanks.

seahorsebox1.jpg

post-5374-1210993637_thumb.jpg

And as a late edit, I thought I should mention that it's perfectly sized for my 1911 :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Thanks for the praise :)

I've not heard much from this time's PIF folks...I hope others are getting some goodies in the mail too?

Leathernut, the idea is that to spread good will, cheer, karma, etc... , we 'sign up' on a list for a "Pay It Forward" (PIF) item. You find yourself on the list, look at the name below yours, and make and send something to that person. It's a wonderful idea that kinda blossomed into a marvelous thing. The item's (as far as I know) design, craftsmanship, etc. are up to the creator. It gives all participating a glimpse into something that they perhaps had not considered in leather working. There is no specification as to $ value of the piece, but I like to think that all participating are making things with care and thought. I don't think there's any cases where a saddle maker has sent a $6000 dollar saddle to someone as a PIF, but hey, I can hope.... :whistle:

...ahem...this is really just a nice way to send some of your work to your online friends- to show off your work, and try to brighten somebody's day.

It's a leatherworker.net version of "Send someone a gift to make them happy, and don't worry about what you get for it."

I'll use the PIF I sent Jammon as an example. I read his profile, then decided on what to send him, made it, and sent it. I made it as well as I could, and tried to incorporate some design elements that he and his daughter, being fairly new to leather working might not have had exposure to.

That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. Just a way for us to spread good cheer. Sign up and join us! I think Holly has set the sign up deadline at the beginning of May, so there's plenty of time.

thats sounds like a nice thing your doing for everybody.i could use some cheering up.going thru a hell of a divorce right now,and my poor kid stuck in the middle.i think the outcome ,i have joint custody..sorry just had to vent.count me in..if its not to late thanks

Dan

ps..you quoted helps to spread cheer,good karma,bring it on,i could use a lot of that,right about now..

Edited by leathernut

I'm so sorry to hear of your tough time :( While we're done with matching people up for this round, and some folks are just waiting for their "goodies" to arrive, I do think Pay It Forward will happen again - so keep your eyes out!

I got my PIF from BillyP in the mail this weekend! I must say it is awesome! I will post a pic as soon as I figure out what happened to my camera... :head_hurts_kr:

Thanks Billy! I have a special place for it on my bench!

Tazz

thanks wildrose,life sure is tough...i will keep my eyes open...thanks for your kind words..

Hello everyone, I hope everybody in the forum is doing fine and having a good day. A little while back I too recieved a package in the mail. Regis sent me the most beautiful checkbook cover that I've ever seen. The reason I haven't posted before now is I was wanting to send a picture of it, but I'm having some sort of problem with adding pictures to anywhere. When my daughter has some time off work and can get down here she's gonna help me figure it out, I hope. One other thing that is maybe not PIF, but maybe it is, I wanted to add this. Some time back Smilin Jim came up with the idea and plans for a lace cutter and beveler. He offered to send them to some people if they let him know. Well I did and he did, he sent me a set. I'm right handed and have nerve damage from diabetes, mostly no feeling in my right hand and my feet. I haven't really ever tried to cut much lace, as I couldn't hold the other things very well. The one that Jim makes is a whole nother ball game I've been using it some and it works really well, plus is't easy to set up, change blades, and everything else. Jim I wanted to thank you publickly for the cutter and the beveler. You were good enouth to offer it to us opoenly and I wanted to thank you openly, as it has sure been a help to me. Bye for now everyone and sincerely hope everyone has a nice evening, with kindest regards Billy P

Not exactly a pif, this just arrived unexpectedly from Pip. wrist1.jpg

It's just brightened up a very soggy summer.icon1.gif

post-5295-1215797626_thumb.jpg

I just recieved my PIF from RDB today...It's SUPER COOL! I'll get a pic of it in use this weekend!

It's a tool pouch for me to use in the store while giving classes, etc!

THANKS soooooo much I'll get a lot of use out of it!