Denise

Outlook Express

I realize this is probably very simple, but I don't have a teenager or a 10 year old around to ask, so I will try here.

Question #1 - How do I send an e-mail to multiple people without them all seeing each other's addresses? I know there is a way. I just don't know what it is.

Question #2 - Some people have told me that our new e-mail address has gone into their OE Junk box. I'm working out that with the server, but I don't have a Junk box in my OE and I want one. What setting do I need to change so I can see what OE is removing from my Inbox if I want to?

Please type slowly and in simple, non-computerese so I can understand this. Thank you in advance for your answers.

PS. I know there are probably much better programs to get my e-mail from than OE, but I know this one, I can use it, and change is hard...

I realize this is probably very simple, but I don't have a teenager or a 10 year old around to ask, so I will try here.

Question #1 - How do I send an e-mail to multiple people without them all seeing each other's addresses? I know there is a way. I just don't know what it is.

Question #2 - Some people have told me that our new e-mail address has gone into their OE Junk box. I'm working out that with the server, but I don't have a Junk box in my OE and I want one. What setting do I need to change so I can see what OE is removing from my Inbox if I want to?

Please type slowly and in simple, non-computerese so I can understand this. Thank you in advance for your answers.

PS. I know there are probably much better programs to get my e-mail from than OE, but I know this one, I can use it, and change is hard...

Answer #1 - Blank Carbon Copy, or BCC, allows you to send an e-mail to multiple people without them seeing each other on the list. To send e-mails to people in this manner, click Create Mail to start a new message, and click the To: button. That will bring up the Select Recipients window, and you will have your Contacts listed in there, as well as boxes for To:, CC:, and BCC:. You will want to put the e-mail addresses in the BCC: box

Answer #2 - Outlook Express does not include a Junk Mail feature. You can block people who send you Junk Mail, though, by selecting an e-mail they have sent you, then clicking on Message in your menu and clicking on Block Sender.

I hope that was simple enough to be helpful!

~Noah

Yep, what NoahL said. Windows Mail (comes with Vista and up as a replacement for OE) has the junk folder.

Now that you aren't depending on dial up, please make sure all your XP updates are current. Run Windows update, install whatever it wants, reboot, do it again and again until you bleed it dry. You probably have OE6 and there are security issues with that, and I'd bet you don't have SP2 or SP3 either.

Did you know that you can have any email address you want at either of your two domain names, have a choice between like 4 different FREE spam solutions, receive it through OE, save it on the server and be able to log in and view it on the web (while out of town, for example) and never worry about being tied to any one ISP just for the sake of an email address? You could have Denise@domainname and Rod@domainname and inquiries@domainname and so on, unlimited, secure and no cost?

We need to talk on the phone about how to handle the other stuff you mentioned in your earlier message. Trouble may be brewing, and I don't want you in the storm. I want to go over the pros and cons of your decisions about all that. I'm tired of playing phone tag, too, but I'm gonna keep trying. The stars have to allign sooner or later.

Johanna

Thanks for the help. I got the e-mail sent fine, and now I know why I don't have a Junk box too. Learn something every day, and sometimes I even remember it the next day!

Some days ago I was in unpleasant situation,reason of some of my emails were corrupted and I didn't know what to do next. Luckily for me I enteredd the Google and noticed there the unusual software - recovering deleted outlook express messages,which solved my problem for a minute and absolutely free as I kept in mind. Besides my relatives thanked me for this utility.