Sign in to follow this  
MADMAX22

Gerber Sheath And Glass Case

Well havnt posted in a bit, been busy and had leatherworking on hold for a while.

Here are my couple of projects that I just finished up. The gerber sheath is Dk brown in and out. Its gonna be part of a set with this, flash light case, and tape measure case.

The glasses case is gonna be included with a case for a couple deck of cards once I get that ball rolling. Its saddle tan. The inside is lined with pigskin.

Both projects are HO and after dyed are oilded, coated with a light coat of neatlac and tonight will get a thin coat of sno-seal.

Also would like to thank Ed the bearman for his glasses case pattern he posted a while back.

resized glass case.jpg

resized back.jpg

resized gerber 1.jpg

resized gerber 2.jpg

post-5781-126852913062_thumb.jpg

post-5781-126852914104_thumb.jpg

post-5781-126852915009_thumb.jpg

post-5781-12685291574_thumb.jpg

Edited by MADMAX22

I like both of these Max. I am going to have to get around to making one for my Leatherman Multi-Tool too! Nice and clean work.

Thanks Storm.

I think with my next set after I finish these I'm gonna try the single layer of leather with the belt loop cut into it via two slits. I think it may be pretty strong and should save some time. Putting the belt loops on these seems to take up most of the time lol.

This is the light sheath to go with the gerber sheath. I didnt get around to finishing the tape measure sheath, Ill get to that later.

HO, little thicker leather about 7/8oz, DK brown but took the dye a little darker then the other one.

One thing I messed up on thats obvious is the tack holes from the wet forming process, I missed the would be stitch line. By the time I got to that point though I went ahead and finished it anyways. This is a favor for a buddy at work other wise normally I would redo something like that.

resized front 1.jpg

resized front 2.jpg

resized side veiw.jpg

resized back veiw.jpg

post-5781-126863536548_thumb.jpg

post-5781-12686353741_thumb.jpg

post-5781-126863538459_thumb.jpg

post-5781-126863539041_thumb.jpg

Well finally got around to doing the tape measure sheath. Tried a little different style with the belt loop this time. Wanted to see how this works out.

Not the best workman ship I have done but it turned out ok.

resized front veiw.jpg

resized back.jpg

resized open.jpg

post-5781-126966219793_thumb.jpg

post-5781-126966220565_thumb.jpg

post-5781-126966221195_thumb.jpg

They all look great! That Gerber is a real handy tool, I carry one every (working) day.

Great looking projects Sir. Might look into making a tape measure holder now. LoL