Sign in to follow this  
rybord

Not A Holster, But

I thought I'd share this here since it's primary use will be in making holsters. I wanted something that was easy to move the piece in, bench mounted and would fold back out of the way.

So, please tell me what you think good or bad.

I want to lace to with leather in place of the boot laces and will wet the leather so they will further tighten as they dry.

Thanks, Ray

MVC-008S.JPG

MVC-009S.JPG

MVC-013S.JPG

post-6961-126860994308_thumb.jpg

post-6961-126861008406_thumb.jpg

post-6961-126861015597_thumb.jpg

Looks good! I love seeing other peoples gadgets in their shops.

That looks really cool Ray.

Today I grew tired of sewing while sitting down, so I took my $20 Tandy stitching pony and clamped it into my bench vice.

You want to know what I think? I think I like yours way better!

What is the handle for? Is there some type of cam in there to momentarily release pressure?

Take care,

Lance

That looks really cool Ray.

Today I grew tired of sewing while sitting down, so I took my $20 Tandy stitching pony and clamped it into my bench vice.

You want to know what I think? I think I like yours way better!

What is the handle for? Is there some type of cam in there to momentarily release pressure?

Take care,

Lance

Hey Lance, Yeah it's a cam and it sure makes things easier. I set the spring up so it also can clamp just like having a bolt.

Thanks, Ray

Looks good! I love seeing other peoples gadgets in their shops.

Thanks, I love seeing them too !!!!!

Thanks again, Ray

I thought I'd share this here since it's primary use will be in making holsters. I wanted something that was easy to move the piece in, bench mounted and would fold back out of the way.

So, please tell me what you think good or bad.

I want to lace to with leather in place of the boot laces and will wet the leather so they will further tighten as they dry.

Thanks, Ray

hi Ray

i was just wondering around the holsters and saw your stitching pony. i am sorry but i am not knowledgable on what a cam is. could you give me a little help with what that would do. i need something bigger than the stitching pony from Tandy as i do a lot of album and bible covers. could i show your idea to some people who could maybe make one like yours.

thanks

Craft-T Leather

Cindy

hi Ray

i was just wondering around the holsters and saw your stitching pony. i am sorry but i am not knowledgable on what a cam is. could you give me a little help with what that would do. i need something bigger than the stitching pony from Tandy as i do a lot of album and bible covers. could i show your idea to some people who could maybe make one like yours.

thanks

Craft-T Leather

Cindy

Hello Cindy, The cam " the white delrin with the black lever" basically works as an opener of the jaws against the spring that is under the black adjustment knob. It allows you to release the work with a pull on the lever so you simply grab the work piece pull the lever, shift the work piece, release the lever and continue stitching. It's much easier than having to loosen and tighten a bolt.

The cam amounts to a 1 1/2" x 1/2" flat delrin with the two adjacent corners rounded over. You really don't need to do that though.

Please fell free to copy it and if there's any way I can help let me know.

I'd like to see some of your work!!!

Thanks, Ray

Nice design and I it looks good.

Hi Ray; this is Javier (Harvey) Love your work. I think that that was smart.

Can you tell me where I can get one of this cams and how much are they?

Thanks P.S my e-mail is tazharvey66@yahoo.com

Edited by Harvey66