A Furniture Maker asked me to make some panels for a desk he was making. I had no idea what it would look like in the end, but followed his requests. His pictures are too small for detail, but the overall look came out good, I thought.

He did a great job on the carpentry. You can find his post here:

http://lumberjocks.c...#comment-626242

127402-438x.jpg

127414-438x.jpg

post-5140-126926195238_thumb.jpg

post-5140-126926195369_thumb.jpg

that is some fine work......Yours ......and.......His.

Now, when you glued the leather to the wood.Was it just Contack Cement to both

surfaes ?

Thanx Luke! This was mostly him, but I enjoyed the break from constructing things, and just doing a little carving.

3M spray was what he said he used.

The wood work is beautiful but your leather carving was the icing on the cake. The carving looks really elegant!!!!

Very good looking, your leather work was the icing on the cake, several nice comments from the wood workers site about your leather work, congrats.

Thanx, Storm and bentley.

I still think simple is the best, that's why just a very little carving on the panels, and no border. The Builder did do something I didn't expect, though, he reversed the left and right panels. It brought all three carvings closer. When I made them, in my head, I had them on the outside corners. I kind of like it the way he did it.

I like the desk and the panels! But I have to tell you....I like your idea of having the tooling in the outside corners, the way you envisioned it, better. Doesn't matter though....it really looks nice and the panels really compliment the desk!!!! Great job!!!

Bobby

That is a very good looking desk/top!!! Not overthe edge with the tooling just some nice elegant additions that accents the beautiful desk.

Getting off the construction bit once in a while is a great relief.

Good job!!!

Tom

Thanx Bobby, glad you agree, just so I don't think I'm going crazy...lol

Yep Tom, I don't get to play artist often enough, I need a truckload of cowboys to move near me so my carving comes up to snuff...lol

Beautiful. I especially like how the leather color you chose complements the light wood.