leatheroo

Marble Man Mask

I havent made a mask in a long time, so i pulled out the 1mm veg tanned calf skin and set to molding. It was formed over my trusty hairdresser head 'Derryn". After it was dry i thought i would try something new and went about trying to create a marble effect. I first airbrushed with black dye and then gave it some soft white streaks. I then grabbed a fine brush and started squiggling some lines. Next i put some blobs of white and used the airbrush with no paint and blew the white blobs around until they were very fine squiggles. I sprayed the mask after the photo was taken with a high gloss sealer, but i can never get a good photo after i put the gloss on.

Let me know if you like it!!!

marble-man.jpg

post-4514-126941880932_thumb.jpg

Edited by leatheroo

WOW, nice really like the colour effect.

Caroline that piece is super! The finish is marvelous! No Worries! You have not lost your touch! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Storm

WOW pretty well sums it up!

Truly amazing

Dave

Great looking mask, love the effect you managed to achieve.

mighty snazzy as usual! :)

Very cool, I especially like the marble effect very much! I have used a feather to do faux painting of marble but not an air brush/gun. Great tip!

I think you did an excellent job with this mask.

Gday Roo

that is awesome i love the marble look, you have not lost your touch you still have it mate

Cheers

Bevo

Great marbling effect, Roo! I have never heard of using compressed air to blow the paint around to get that look. Good job! You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

I like it Caroline. It seems like every time you take a break, you come back even better than before. It's a neat idea and you really pulled off the marble look!

You have really come up with a very dramatic effect, Caroline. It's kind of surrealistic. I've been admiring this for days...

Kate

I haven't been here for a while, and am just catching up. I love the marble finish on this. Really lovely work.