PapaWolf

Finishing and water proofing leather question

I've been reading up a little and am getting ready to order some things to make my projects look more professional. I'm orderingsome Gum Tragacanth and the crafttool nylon slicker for my edges, Neatsfoot Oil for the "Vinagarooning" of some leather, and Eco-Flo Carnauba Creme for water restiance and proofing.

Is this the right order to do those things? 1) Slick edges 2) Apply neatsfoot oil 3) Apply Carnauba Creme and then 4) Apply Tandy Spray Finish???

And if I put on Carnauba Creme is the Spray-Finish necessary

I believe that the carnuba creme is basically an emulsified wax compound. I don't know how well any acrylic will penetrate or stay on the leather. I have applied Neat-lac over carnuba and it worked very well.

LCI in Texas seems to be a good supplier that many of us don't know about. I meant to put in an order with them last week, but they want me to send swatches of the leather I'm using and a description of my needs. I'll put it all together this week.

They have something called water free. Don't know if it's the same as the water proofer that DYO had. Maybe David can fill us in here. I'll call LCI this week and ask. If it sounds good, I'll add it to my order.

Ed

Ed, what does "LCI" stand for ?  I tried googling it, but came up with nothing that seemed to be tied to those initials.  Thx

Thank you Frodo !  Great web site to know about.