I cemented a lining leather to a project I've been working on. Got a bit of contact cement (Tandy Tanner's Bond, the stuff in the can) on the work. How do I remove it? Would their "universal thinner" for rubber/copntact cement help?

A couple of times i have had good luck getting glue off with Pink Eraser brand erasers other brands might work as well or better, i'm not sure. Got mine at the dollar store.

Creep rubber makes a good eraser. Some leather suppliers, and art stores will stock them.

A number of years ago, my wife worked at a place that made leather purses. They use crepe rubber to remove excess cement. The things they used looked like a rolled-up tapered piece of 1/4 inch crepe rubber, with the taper leaving a spiral effect - those extra little ridges seem to help a lot. No idea where you could get such a thing, but the one she received when the plant closed has lasted me for many years.

Let the cement dry & it should just roll up with finger pressure.

Erasers will remove the cement fairly well, but the cement will seal the leather and prevent oil and dye from penetrating. I get this problem A LOT on my edges where I'm stitching 2 parts together, lining tack, saddle skirts, etc. Of course, the best solution is to not put so much glue on in the first place and be more careful. But, having said that, and done that, there is always that little bit that does ooze out especially when burnishing.

I've tried every toxic substance known to Man trying to remove it and probably destroyed a good portion of my brain cells in the process with inconsistent results. Actually, wine seems to destroy them the best..... eh......

But, anyhow, back to the glue. You can find in your local auto parts store a rather expensive product used to remove tar and pitch from your car and it works about the best for removing contact cement.

Springfield Leather sells an all purpose eraser. Just the ticket... http://springfieldleather.com/store/product/5265/Eraser%2CAll-Purpose/