DSJackson

Newsboy Cap Pattern?

I was curious if anyone could point me in the right direction. I'm looking for a pattern to make a "newsboy" style hat as in this picture, I want to try my hand at them, I love those hats. Does anyone have one they could pass on or possibly let me know where to look (books etc)?

As a secondary, is there any resources specifically for making hats from leather in general? Books dedicated to the topic maybe?

Thanks from a newbie smile.gif

NewsboyCap.jpg

I just did a quick search and found Vogue V8309, it's sort of like that without the snap. Since that stuff was popular in the '70s, I'm sure more patterns exist out there somewhere.

Good luck,

Kevin

Also found at Pattern Studio, HP211 Peaked Panache, again no snap, but looks adaptable. ("Dammit Ethyl, Where's my mod a go go stretch elastic pants?")

My curiosity is piqued, I'm going to look some more,

Kevin

I don't know of a pattern, but you should be able to figure it out through trial and error. The eight top pieces will all be identical. Then add a straight piece around the bottom, and a crescent shaped bill.

Hi DS, been looking for the same type of pattern myself. I've got something similar and I'll post later in the week. Going to be working out of town so bear with me. My pattern has 6 pieces for the top, 3 on each side and they are all different. Then the 'sweat band' that is attached to the bill on the front. Maybe we can sorta work together on this and get what we are looking for.

Keep on Smilin

Jim

Thanks for the responses gang, I'll keep an eye out for your post Jim look forward to it :)