richardk315

Photo to Shetch

This is a program that I found that will convert picture files to line drawings. There are two versions, one is free, the other is a paid upgrade. You have to play with it to get a drawing you can use, but it is well worth it. Here is the link: http://www.thinkersoftware.com/photo-to-sketch/index2.htm

Here is a picture that Hilly posted awhile back that I put thru this program.

chipmunk.jpg

cmonk_skecth.jpg

The piece I made:

cmonk1.jpg

post-2543-1208180289_thumb.jpg

post-2543-1208180307_thumb.jpg

post-2543-1208180340_thumb.jpg

thanks, i will give this a go

Wow! outstanding little freeware app...........Thanks! :thumbsup:

worked my butt off to try and do this with Photoshop...great for simplifing pic's for leather tooling.......

Aren't you afraid of getting a virus from the program? When I tried to download it it said it wasn't a verified program.

Thanks,

Kani

Aren't you afraid of getting a virus from the program? When I tried to download it it said it wasn't a verified program.

Thanks,

Kani

Do you have a Mac? There aren't many viruses that affect them.

Do you have a Mac? There aren't many viruses that affect them.

No Mac here. Wonder why most viruses don't affect a Mac? Curious looks like they could do the same with all computeres doesn't it.

No Mac here. Wonder why most viruses don't affect a Mac? Curious looks like they could do the same with all computeres doesn't it.

I think the reason Macs don't have many viruses is Windows has been the largest OS for computers for a long time. Essentially Windows was the medium almost everyone worked on. And that included hackers. So, many a virus was born on Windows OS. At least, that's my theory on it :) Give Macs time, I'm sure there's stuff for them in the works lol

Actually the Windows OS is based on a Mac OS. Big legal thing about it too. $$$ I am a Mac user and some assume that Macs don't get affected because maybe we are the ones writing the virus's. I don't think so. That would mean we would have to work on a Windows OS to do so. lol Anyway, I will try this software too. Should be good for portraits too no?

Actually the Windows OS is based on a Mac OS. Big legal thing about it too. $$ I am a Mac user and some assume that Macs don't get affected because maybe we are the ones writing the virus's. I don't think so. That would mean we would have to work on a Windows OS to do so. lol Anyway, I will try this software too. Should be good for portraits too no?

lol Hmmm, never thought of that, but now that you mention it.... :NEWFUNNYPOST:

I loaded Inkscape the other day. I'm still working my way to see if getting to a sketch is possible on it. If so, I'll let yall know.

Edit: ok, can get a tracing. Need more practice to get it as best quality as possible though

Edited by Shorts

I'm a little confused about this program- it seems from the example posted that all it did was was convert to black and white. Just about any graphics program worth its pixels can do that. An even easier method would be to take a color photo and just print in black and white.

Just down loaded the program and it works great. No germs here.

Tom

Thanks Richard, this is a fun program. Here is a picture I took of the windshield sun screen I use for my truck.

Tom

windshield_dragon_jpg.jpg

windshield_dragon.bmp

windshield_dragon.bmp

post-6291-1215522855_thumb.jpg