Sign in to follow this  
Dusty Leather

Just Finished This Wade Last Night

This is a 16 1/4 inch deep bucket wade saddle. That was ordered by a working cowboy in MO. It is complete with antique and brass conchos, J. Watt hardware all the way a round. even the stirrup hobbles are dressed out with conchos and Watt cart buckles. Heavy Saddle 38 inch long saddle strings. Monnel Stirrups, All the leather including the skirt filler is Herman Oak. Waiting on a custom cinch for Art Cords. and it will be ready to ride.

5501_.jpg

post-14586-127195011727_thumb.jpg

That's a real nice looking saddle.

Welcome to the forum. I'm looking forward to seeing more pics from you.

That is a really nice looking working saddle. I'm sure whoever sits that saddle will be very pleased with it. What sewing machine do you use?

Well, I'll tell you what I own to big speed machines and I never use them. We do ALLOT of hand sewing and the never fail never die all ways there Tippman Boss Hand stitcher. Along time ago I came to the conclusion that speed is no substitute for quality. All of our fleece is hand sewn. Every thing else depends on the project and my mood.

Hmmm, all the more reason to learn how to hand sew. From what I had seen of the stitching, it looked like a machine did it. jawdropper.gif

I built my first saddle when I was 12 my grand father taught me how. He was an old school cowboy all his life as well as a pretty well known saddle maker. Every single thing we ever made was sewn by hand. In all my life I never knew him to even look at leather sewers.

Thats a good looking sadle.

I also love to handstitch... only thing i use machine for is the edge on belts to keep the price down.

Thats a good looking sadle.

I also love to handstitch... only thing i use machine for is the edge on belts to keep the price down.

I agree some items go in the red very quickly when it comes to spending time. I have just gotten so quick with the Boss that I dont even want to deal with the fast machines. Plus that a hand stitcher gives a pretty good work out. LOL