Freedom

Padded Inlaid Seat ?

Hi, I was looking for some advice or maybe even a pattern for doing a padded inlaid seat. This will be the first time I have done a seat like this.

I was hoping (and like the look of the small pad) to make it small as possible and still get support of the pinbones..

My question is: ..is there a specific thing to watch out for.. I am most conserned about the edge where the pad and seat leather meet. If this is under the wrong place on your legs (like too far down under your leg) I would think it could rub.

Also at the tail-bone...do I want it to hold your whole fanny or can I bring it accross the butt portion Say ahead of the tail-bone??.. I was afraid of the edge if it was to land right at your tail bone or even up on your cheeks too far it may rub.

It is for a thin woman so in the front.... can I shorten it so that the edge will be in the void behind her frontal bone or do I want it all the way forward?? I was afraid if the front seem edge was right under her front bone then it may rub or if her horse jumped I was afraid she may come down with her frontal bone on that hard edge???

She has set in the ground seat and I have measured the distance between her pin bones and their location on the seat... just concerned about the edges and their locations.

Any help or pattern design would sure be appreciated.

Thanks

Wes

Wes,

if you go back 3 or 4 pages in this "saddle construction" subdirectory you get to this thread http://leatherworker...showtopic=16522 . Go to my post and click on the link there and you will find plenty of info on inlaid padded seats. Maybe not a 100% hit for your ??? but a lot of info that might be helpful. Hope this helps. Tosch

Wes,

if you go back 3 or 4 pages in this "saddle construction" subdirectory you get to this thread http://leatherworker...showtopic=16522 . Go to my post and click on the link there and you will find plenty of info on inlaid padded seats. Maybe not a 100% hit for your ??? but a lot of info that might be helpful. Hope this helps. Tosch

Thank you... I have looked all through those threads and they have been a big help... my biggest question (that I have not seen addressed) was from guys that had actual experience riding in one that might be able to shed light on where the breaking edges need to be/need not to be???

Thanks

I'd like to know how do you talk them into letting you measure thier pin bones?

Thank you... I have looked all through those threads and they have been a big help... my biggest question (that I have not seen addressed) was from guys that had actual experience riding in one that might be able to shed light on where the breaking edges need to be/need not to be???

Thanks

Think bicycle seat