Sign in to follow this  
azrider

A Bunch Of Dog Collars And Display

My vet's office has really liked the collars I made for my dogs. I have talked to them about maybe selling my collars, and they finally gave me the go ahead. They also asked me if I could provide a display. Display is a piece pegboard covered with chap leather, with a holes cut for the pegs. Comments and critiques welcome.

Dog Collar Display 1.JPG

Dog Collar Display 2.JPG

Dog Collar Display 3.JPG

Dog Collar Display 4.JPG

post-7753-127266635267_thumb.jpg

post-7753-127266636319_thumb.jpg

post-7753-127266637482_thumb.jpg

post-7753-127266638675_thumb.jpg

My vet's office has really liked the collars I made for my dogs. I have talked to them about maybe selling my collars, and they finally gave me the go ahead. They also asked me if I could provide a display. Display is a piece pegboard covered with chap leather, with a holes cut for the pegs. Comments and critiques welcome.

Very nice. Looks like you've been very busy!

I've often thought about doing something somewhat similar. I was thinking of making a bunch of key fobs, pony tail holders, and other small items, decorate them with cat or dog paw prints, and sell them at the vet's offices around town. I was going to donate all the profits to the Humane society in my county. I was thinking of using a small artificial Christmas tree as my display. I just thought it would be a great way to use up scraps that I would normally not use for anything, and help out some needy animals at the same time.

This looks good. Attractive, functional, incorporates the advertising, relatively small investment ... nice job. Only question, then, ... what kind of feedback are you getting from the dogs about color options :)

This looks good. Attractive, functional, incorporates the advertising, relatively small investment ... nice job. Only question, then, ... what kind of feedback are you getting from the dogs about color options smile.gif

My dog keeps asking for a shade of grey I can't quite get right...

I made about 50 collars total, and so far only one has sold. However, I have six orders for custom collars with the dog's name on it. Money well spent!

Thats pretty cool. Great way for advertising even if you dont sell much at the vet office. The word of mouth and custom orders are great.

What widths are you doing the collars in? I so 5/8" and 1" only.

Also, I've started using three rivets and adding a little square welded keeper. Looks nice and make the collar tidier.

Nice looking display.

Looks great! What a great opportunity for dog lovers to buy local.

I love the all over hatching patterned collar - great texture. I also wondered about color selection. When you expand, maybe consider offering classic black and blond leathers. Nail heads in chrome and antiqued brass in addititon to the stamped designs would be great too! The possiblities are endless! Oh, don't forget narrow widths for the smaller pups - like my miniature schnauzer.

Thanks for sharing - keep up the great work!

Awesome idea and glad you got them into the Vet's office. I know you'll continue to do well with this.

Great JOB!!!!!!!!! The display says it all. Who you are, waht you do and how to get in touch with you. I would think yyou will get more sales from the display than things selling offf of the display. nice marketing anf leather work. :You_Rock_Emoticon: