gordond

Who Are The Actual Manufacturers Of New Sewing Machines

Can anyone identify the actual manufacturers [name] of the new Heavy duty sewing machines in the USA and particularly Servo motors.

OK; Chinese made[100%?], but there can be big variances between manufacturers[or even their factories]

In this part of the world,"some" equipment is showing up ..can look very similar to what is for sale in the USA ,but is "home or dealer " branded ...so can be impossible to compare against international reviews and forums on this site.

for example:

I have a servo made by the"Cheering Sewing Machine Company"... model:QL 400...

[400watt motor .. but 220 volt for this country]

does this name/ model look familiar to anyone? if so ;any reviews?

Can anyone identify the actual manufacturers [name] of the new Heavy duty sewing machines in the USA and particularly Servo motors.

OK; Chinese made[100%?], but there can be big variances between manufacturers[or even their factories]

In this part of the world,"some" equipment is showing up ..can look very similar to what is for sale in the USA ,but is "home or dealer " branded ...so can be impossible to compare against international reviews and forums on this site.

for example:

You may not realize that you are opening a can of worms here. Most domestic suppliers will never reveal who they by from, and for many reasons. My suppliers often do the same, telling me it's simply a genuine "insert brand name".

As things are, often, even people in China and Tawian we speak with over there have no idea where some items that are brought in domestically are made at, specifically. They are not being elusive, but have so many copies of copies over there, nobody knows what everybody is doing definitivly.

I've always felt that people who are reputable and selling quailty products would be proud of their production facilitys, to the point of offering tours, like a Ben and Jerrys ice cream. This is not todays reality for again, many reasons Idon't want to get into on an internet message board.

If you are looking for a good servo motor, the one I sell lists the factory, and can be seen here; Motor proudly made in China by Zhejiang Lishui Tianning Motor Co.,Ltd

Hi Gordon,

Lets take the motors first as I am a little fuzzy on your sewing machine questions. Cheering makes some shoe machine equipment, some domestic sewing machines and small motors (180 watt or less) for small sewing machines. I didn't know they made a 400w servo, maybe they do and maybe they don't. Industry in China is quite diversified, few if any manufacturers make all of the products that go into their machines. Machine heads, motors, stands, belts, the little name placards, tools, etc., etc., come from different factories, and in the aforementioned assemblies, sub assemblies and just plain old parts come from different manufactures, most Chinese, some Japanese, some other countries. They will put whoever's name on the product, they really only care about payment. So Cheering may or may not make that motor.

As far as sewing machines 100% US, probably none, some part of that assembly is going to be from somewhere else, maybe, even if it is something like a screw or spring. Given that, Luberto, Campbell/Randall, Union make or remanufacture big stitchers here in the US.

Art

for example:

Hi Doug,

I'm not sure I answered your question, give me a machine and I will try to find out for you. I know the major players, and even those buy from other, usually smaller companies out in the boonies, so you actually need to give us the model too. Any dealer can give you what you want to know, they have to report point of manufacture on the customs documents starting in February this year.

Art

Hi Greg and Art

I was a little vague as I didn't want to mention the actual brand names sold in the US.

Servo motors are of particular interest to me presently, as I will be switching out my good clutch motors into other gear with older motors [skivers,shoe finishers-just as a drive motor,so-on]..rpm and loading are compatible, so can swap.

The issue is that we use 240 Volt here so can't really buy out of the US [120 Volt] …shipping weight+ $exchange also factor.

Though someone in the US said it wasn't an issue to get a 240 V servo in with their regular orders.The one I mentioned is selling here now for ~USD$280 [price has increased since I bought]

What I am trying to find out if the servos sold here are any good.or only to hear that particular brand has been dropped in the US for a better one with also say EPS at the same list price.

the same applies to the sewing machines themselves....we in NZ are sort of at the "end of the line" in some respects.

Art ...I will send you an email later when I get the specific info of the one I had seen here.

I have been through a similar exercise with lawn/yard equipment and buy direct from the US.[uS retail price +shipping to NZ is still < 30% of retail here]

Edited by gordond

Hi Gregg,

The importer knows (by US Law) where everything imported originated, who made it and their address. This is as of February this year.

Art

You may not realize that you are opening a can of worms here. Most domestic suppliers will never reveal who they by from, and for many reasons. My suppliers often do the same, telling me it's simply a genuine "insert brand name".

As things are, often, even people in China and Tawian we speak with over there have no idea where some items that are brought in domestically are made at, specifically. They are not being elusive, but have so many copies of copies over there, nobody knows what everybody is doing definitivly.

I've always felt that people who are reputable and selling quailty products would be proud of their production facilitys, to the point of offering tours, like a Ben and Jerrys ice cream. This is not todays reality for again, many reasons Idon't want to get into on an internet message board.

If you are looking for a good servo motor, the one I sell lists the factory, and can be seen here; Motor proudly made in China by Zhejiang Lishui Tianning Motor Co.,Ltd

Hi Gregg,

The importer knows (by US Law) where everything imported originated, who made it and their address. This is as of February this year.

Art

Art,

Good looking out here with this information. Intresting. Is this public knowledge, and if so where can it be found? I don't think certain suppliers cough up this information.

In additon, if it says " Country of manufacter is China" in many cases this is given. Exactly what factory in China I assume would still remain a mystery.

Edited by Gregg From Keystone Sewing

Gregg,

The ISF (Importer Security Filing) requires the following information on each and every piece of equipment imported.

* importer federal identification number – this is probably your company

* consignee federal identification number – when the goods deliver to a consignee different than the importer

* seller name and address

* buyer name and address

* ship to party or consignee name and address

* manufacturer or supplier name and address

* country of origin

* commodity tariff number

* container stuffing location

* consolidator name and address

* Standard Carrier Alpha Code (SCAC) and bill of lading number

I am not sure if the information is public. However, if you subscribe to any of the importer information services, they can probably get it for you if it is. With a modicum or digging, you can find out anything.

Failure to provide anything above is a $5,000 fine, so the importer knows where it came from.

Art

Art,

Good looking out here with this information. Intresting. Is this public knowledge, and if so where can it be found? I don't think certain suppliers cough up this information.

In additon, if it says " Country of manufacter is China" in many cases this is given. Exactly what factory in China I assume would still remain a mystery.

Right, this is also known as the 10+2 for freight by OCEAN (air cargo is not effected by this). Intresting thoughts here. I just wonder how much digging we are going to do.

Hi Gregg,

I guess the question begs, What are you trying to accomplish? I have been importing for a while so I can answer a lot of your questions, maybe. Tinstafl.

Art

Right, this is also known as the 10+2 for freight by OCEAN (air cargo is not effected by this). Intresting thoughts here. I just wonder how much digging we are going to do.

Hi Gregg,

I guess the question begs, What are you trying to accomplish? I have been importing for a while so I can answer a lot of your questions, maybe. Tinstafl.

Art

Art,

Me? Nothing in particular, other than responding to what's being posted here. Like was said to me, any sewing machine dealer worth his salt is importing equipment at this point. We don't do a lot here, but we do dabble from time to time as well. No expert by any means, but fully aware of 10+2, out of necessity, of course.

Good deal, maybe we'll talk later.

Gregg