calanneh

Looking for a leather guild in Houston area..

Hey guys,

I am looking for a leather guild in the Houston, TX area. I haev searched the web but can nto find one. Does anybody know of a guild or even a good group of folks to point me towards?

If there are any Houston are folks on here who are interested, I would love to hook up and swap ideas and war stories :rolleyes: !

cal

Hey Cal, I'm nowhere near Houston, but if you were to contact the local Tandy store I'm sure they would know of one.

Ken

Hey Cal, I'm nowhere near Houston, but if you were to contact the local Tandy store I'm sure they would know of one.

Ken

Hey Ken,

I practically live at the Tandy and they don't know of one. And my search for 'leather guild houston tx' came up with several 'alternative lifestyle' groups that wear lotsa leather :head_hurts_kr: ......

You'd figure the 4th largest city in the country would have at least one lether work guild...especially being in Texas.

Guess i'll just have to start my own!

cal

cal,

The only guild I know of it texas is lone star leathercraft guild. They meet in dfw area. Peter Main is a member and he lives in Houston also.

Marlon

cal,

The only guild I know of it texas is lone star leathercraft guild. They meet in dfw area. Peter Main is a member and he lives in Houston also.

Marlon

Austin has one... www.legendsandlies.com , but still not too close to houston

Thanks guys! I will check out both and see what they offer.

Thanks agian!

cal

I am a member of the Longhorn Trail Leather Guild here in Austin. We meet the second Tuesday of each month and the monthly dues are $15 a year. We have our regular meeting and they a show and tell session. We discuss just about anything leather or working with it. We also have a project that we work on before ending our meeting. We have crafters come from as far as Milano.

Side note: Our own member contributed to the lastest project in the Tandy Leather Skiver this month, Dennis Guerra. If you could make it, we would love to have you or help you. Good luck in your search.

ATX

:blahblahblah:

Cal,

I'm down here in Pearland and just getting started. Have you heard from anyone else?

Cliff.

Thanks guys! I will check out both and see what they offer.

Thanks agian!

cal

Cal,

I'm down here in Pearland and just getting started. Have you heard from anyone else?

Cliff.

Well the post is 4 years old : ) Im in sw Houston. There is one in NW Houston I saw somewhere.

Yeah, I saw that, but as they say, "Hope springs eternal." You must be fairly close to me - speaking in Texas terms.

Cliff.

Well the post is 4 years old : ) Im in sw Houston. There is one in NW Houston I saw somewhere.

Start one... or request to start a chapter of the one in Houston.

I know your pain. I live out in western Oklahoma and would love to find a guild or some classes close by too attend. Cant find any within driving distance so for now its just videos, books and practice pieces. I have tried to copy some of the stuff in Bob Parks Gallery but all it shows me is that I have a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go.

There is a North Houston Leather Guild that meets at Liberty Park Community Center. See the below address. I would not call it a formal guild, but it is a bunch of guys that get together and talk about leather. You can contact samhoustonlucas@aol.com for more information

There is a website but not much on it yet.

http://www.northhoustonleatherguild.com/

Meeting times: 7:00pm to 9:00PM

Meeting Dates:Wed. May 2ndTues June 5th

The address is 2806 Trailing Vine, Spring, Tx. 77373 Here are directionsThis place is easy to find. From FM 1960 turn north on Aldine-Westfield. After the turn go 5 stop lights to Trailing Vine. There will be a white brick fence on your right and a Valero gas station on the left. Turn left on Trailing Vine. Go approx.. ¼ mile. You will see the Hirsch Elementry School on the right. On the left is 2806. There is a sign in the front yard.Liberty Park Community Center From Louetta, go south on Aldine-Westfield. Fifth light, take a right on Trailing Vine.

On 4/15/2012 at 9:36 PM, Cliff J said:

Cal,

Cliff.

Hi Cliff,

I'm new to leatherworking and saw your post just now, even though its a bit old.    live in Pearland (near the natatorium) and would be very interested in visiting and sharing, if you're still interested.   I also found out about the LoneStar guild and am checking that out, too.

Thanks

~JL

I know this thread is old, but it is the first or second hit on google when you search Houston and leather! Houston, Texas now has a burgeoning leather guild thanks to some hardworking, dedicated volunteers committed to community and leatherwork. It's about a year old, and growing and changing by the minute. All are welcome! We even have members as far away as Georgia and Louisiana. 

There's not a ton of info about the Houston Leather Guild on the web right now, but you can start by checking out our Facebook group for members (not to be confused with our info page). We have almost 50 active members and growing. In-person meetings are typically the 3rd Saturday of the month at different locations across Houston. We also offer classes and field trips about every other month, in addition to social events. (Again, check out Facebook to be in the know.)

Our next event is Jim Linnell’s Figure & Floral Carving Class on June 24-25, 2023. Cost is $200 and a STEAL!! More details here.

Here's the form to become a member ($15 for beginners and $30 for everyone else). Hope some of y'all will join us!