Sign in to follow this  
Otis249

How Do I Re-Dye A Finished Leather Seat?

Im kind of new to leather working but have had some experience making holsters and such and am quite handy and a quick learner. That being said here is the deal: I got a good deal on a corbin seat for my motorcycle. the leathe ris in great shape but I HATE the color. what would I have to do to dye it basic black? The seat also has a slight "snake skin" texture to it but it is definately cow hide. Any ideas?

The corbin seats are usually chrome tan leather which you wont be able to redye, atleast with any kind of good result. Not to mention the quality of leather could vary and there is no telling what kind of top coat that leather has. My corbin seat only had leather on the top portion anyways, the rest was artificial stuff.

The best bet would be to recover it or have someone recover it with what you want.

Edited by MADMAX22

You can go to NAPA and buy a die in the can that will cover anything. I just did a seat for one of our offroad vehicles and it came out great. It was made by Duplicolor

You can go to NAPA and buy a die in the can that will cover anything. I just did a seat for one of our offroad vehicles and it came out great. It was made by Duplicolor

???? was what you bought Leather Dye or Paint.?