Topcat

Krebs/randal Splitter Knives

I am having a test blade made for the Randall/Krebs splitters. It will be new and in perfect condition, razor sharp and honed with the cutting edge perfectly square to the holes....etc. The reason for the test is to be sure it will hold the edge and be able to pass the test of splitting Herman Oak molding leather and bridle leather. I have a source for the blades that make this possible. It will be a couple of months before this can be sorted out and I will post the results and take orders at that time. The cost will be very reasonable and this will be a one time deal......I may stock a few blades, but they will not be nearly as reasonable as the one time run. If you wish to be put on the list for a blade or blades you may email me or post to this topic....cheers....Topcat

Hi,

I have an old 8" CS Osborne #84 splitter. I probably need a spare blade. How much do you ask for the 8" blade?

Chris

1.JPG

post-11650-127462731225_thumb.jpg

Hello Topcat..

I am just seeing this now and i would like to be put on your list for new blades (2)...

Thanks

Bill

I am having a test blade made for the Randall/Krebs splitters. It will be new and in perfect condition, razor sharp and honed with the cutting edge perfectly square to the holes....etc. The reason for the test is to be sure it will hold the edge and be able to pass the test of splitting Herman Oak molding leather and bridle leather. I have a source for the blades that make this possible. It will be a couple of months before this can be sorted out and I will post the results and take orders at that time. The cost will be very reasonable and this will be a one time deal......I may stock a few blades, but they will not be nearly as reasonable as the one time run. If you wish to be put on the list for a blade or blades you may email me or post to this topic....cheers....Topcat

This is an update on the blades. We are going to test a blade that is made in a similar manner as the old original blades. They will have a high carbon insert for sharper edge and good edge retention. The cost will be the issue....of course. We are also testing blades that will not be bi metal and they will be less expensive to be sure. We will see how this all sorts out and I will post the results. There is no way to hurry this and keep things reasonable. The blades will have 1 hole and 1 slot to make them universal for the slight differences in same model with slightly different specs. Cheers.....Topcat