LittleL

Searching Leatherworker

I have been pretty unsuccessful searching the site for content. I have tried/read the Help and used the Advanced search but still can not find what I am after. Are there some tips or cheat sheet I can use in my searches.

Here is a search that did not work for me, but I know it is on the site. I am sure I have seen it word for word.

AOL DOT COM

I also wanted to do a search for

hat patterns

But it brings back highlighted results of that

Thanks in advance.

HAT PATTERN IS NOT HERE. post what you want in the "wanted section" and mabey someone will contac you about it.

or mabey sell you one.

I couldn't figure it out either, and noticed the same thing you did. The solution for me? Use Google's powerful "site:" search tool.

From Google, search with the following method:

"hat patterns" site:leatherworker.net

"search string" site:domain.com

This works with pretty much ANY website.

I've been here long enough that I'm embarrassed to admit I can't work this site's search feature, either. I use Particle's method. Here's a recent example: I was looking for information on Ron's edgers.

This site's search results contain a whole lot of unrelated links, with no apparent priority or organization, other than date of last post.

Here's the same result using Google:

http://www.google.co...5b5ca8630a93ba4

Big difference. I wonder sometimes whether there's a better way to search using this site's internal search engine, but I haven't been able to figure it out yet.