OutlawTool

Looking For A Shavng Kit Pattern

Pretty sure the second or third Al Stohlman case making books have one. Good series to get regardless, once you read thru all the books you could very well make your own pattern.

Cool, thanks for the suggestion.

Pretty sure the second or third Al Stohlman case making books have one. Good series to get regardless, once you read thru all the books you could very well make your own pattern.

My new project is a shaving kit with a couple of buckles or a zipper. Does anyone have a pattern, or know where I could get one?

Here is a pic of a shave kit I just finished. I can send you the pattern i created if you would like, i also have a different pattern for soft leather shave kits to use chap leather, or hair on hide instead of tooling leather.

hope this helps,

Justin alps

post-5139-005365000 1284192467_thumb.jpg

post-5139-045216900 1284192485_thumb.jpg

Here is a pic of a shave kit I just finished. I can send you the pattern i created if you would like, i also have a different pattern for soft leather shave kits to use chap leather, or hair on hide instead of tooling leather.

hope this helps,

Justin alps

Hi... If you dont mind, could you send me this pattern too ?

Im planing to dp something like this, but I never done anything using zippers...

Thanks !!!!

Would you mind sending me that pattern along with the carving template? It's really wonderfully done and I really like the corner designs. Much appreciated. --Aj

hope this helps,

Justin alps

I would love to have a copy of both patterns as well.

Ed

Ed,

Don Gonzales has a nice tutorial on Youtube and provides the patterns for a shave kit.

15 hours ago, rgerbitz said:

Ed,

Don Gonzales has a nice tutorial on Youtube and provides the patterns for a shave kit.

he also has a newer one of I believe his own design and a complemantary tutorial on youtube.  makers leather supply has a template I believe to make one out of chap leather and one of his Monday night videos to go along with it.