Sign in to follow this  
Vaquero

Another Peeping Tomas Comes Out!

Since I have never officially introduced myself, It is about time. I've been a member since '08 and and visited long before that.

I'm a saddle maker from the Californios on the Eastern side of the Sierra Nevada mountains. I've worked for some of the pack outfits guiding in the Sierra mountains and cowboyed in western Nevada. I like to trailer out my cyuses to the valleys and canyons east of here and search out the herds of mustangs still roaming these parts. I grew up on an old homestead ranch in Texas where I acquired an interest in leatherwork and fiddlin' around with old saddles. I got interested in making saddles after inheriting a box of old leatherworking hand tools. I carried those tools around for many years, then I visited Sheridan, Wyoming. I walked through Kings Saddlery and their saddle museum and down the street into Don Butlers shop and had an Awakening. Like a religious experience, like those folks who found Jesus. I knew what I had to do. I have to learn how to make saddles like these masters. I searched out every how to book and video I could find and studied every quality saddle I came across and taught myself. I had a hunger to learn more. When Jerimiah Watt came out with his video I snatched it up which really improved my work. Then several years later, Dale Harwood came out with his, the Grand Master. Then I found Johanna's site. There are more people out there like me. I very much appreciate the knowlege, wisdom, and how to I have learned from Johanna, Bruce, Darcy, Bob Parks, Steve Brewer, Art, Luke, and a hundred or more folks on this site. It's about time I introduced myself to all you amigos.

Phil Green

Wild Horse Saddlery

Eastern Sierra Nevada

Phil Green, welcome to to group of rif raf that cuts, stamps, glues and sews leather goods together for others.

Bob

Kamloops Saddlery

Greetings from an old resident of the lower Kings River!

Welcome!

Thaks Pard's, it has been a pleasure!

Phil

Phil,

Welcome. Your name came up the other day in a conversation with someone who has spent some time over the hill there. I can tell her now that you are on the forum here. Welcome again, feel free to jump in or go back through the archives and add to them.

welcome

hope you join in the talk around here and impart some of you talent.

Josh