freak

coffin notebook

We moved a few weeks ago and i'm still hunting for stuff that's in a box somewhere. I've been itching to do something . So just minutes after the slab hit the work table i had to beat on some dead cow.

coffintooled01.jpg

Lacing this one gave me a little bit of a hard time. To many turns i guess, it felt like it took forever. Beaver i don't know how you do all that lacing man. My neck and shoulder are sore just from this little notebook.

coffin01.jpg

I did all the carving then invert beveled the skull in after all the wood grain lines were done.

coffin02.jpg

coffin03.jpg

This time i used fabric for the linning, have no idea how well it will hold up or stay glued, but it sure looks cool. :thumbsup:

coffin05.jpg

There it is people. My jones has been fixed for now. Now i gotta unpack the rest of the leather room, then it's off to the garage.

Man, i hate everthing about moving !!!!!!!!!

post-158-1208728927_thumb.jpg

post-158-1208729143_thumb.jpg

post-158-1208729177_thumb.jpg

post-158-1208729272_thumb.jpg

post-158-1208729434_thumb.jpg

That is way cool, love those skulls, and I don't usually care for them, give me the heebie-jeebies.

freak, that is just awesome, great job on getting the joneses out. I love the skulls and the wood detail, the colors all work so good together.Now get unpacking so we can see more.KenSorry freak forgot to tell you, lace...smoke coffee.....lace smoke coffee....lace smoke coffee....nap time.Ken

Thanks !!

Let me add a side note here: I did three layers of super sheen on the skulls and fleur de lis with a brush. I used eco flo Dk cocoa brown on the eyes and noses. Then i used the eco flo antique gel TAN over the rest.

Nice work Freak! Love the shape, I have one that is similar that I have in my "unfinished gems" pile, maybe I should get it done!

Keep up the good work!

Freak, this is sooooo well done! I'm one too who doesn't really like skulls, but these are exquisitely done. Great job! :)

A nap is usually the result of smoking to much coffee!

Very nice notebook.

Thank you all very much ! I quite smoking coffee just over a year ago. I can't seem to kick the naps.

Now this my friends, is why I am the freak fan club president!

Freak, I dont think this could be any better. You are truly a fine craftsman! I love this piece.

I know what your saying bout moving, I spent all day today doing the same thing. Still havn't touched the shop. Thats going to be a mess. Plus, I have to make it seamless, got a lot of jobs to finish. I'm only about 13 jobs out right now.

I love this piece. Perfect! What are you going to do with it?

KK

Thanks !! Good luck with the move man. If i could help , you know i would. We moved from a place with a 4 car garage to a 2 car garage. I"m not sure how we got 10 pounds of carp in a 5 pound bag. Look forward to seeing what else you've got on the table KK.

I think i'm gonna keep this one for myself but, you never know someone might just have to have it. I use the fart snot out of the one i have now and i need to put it up before i mess it up. I won it at last years show in the raffle . Best freakin dollar i ever spent.

Check it.

geer03.jpg

geer01.jpg geer02.jpg

post-158-1208737758_thumb.jpg

post-158-1208737783_thumb.jpg

post-158-1208737943_thumb.jpg

freak, great work as usual, i love the skulls....

Freak,

Ok I won't say things exactly as I want to cause this is not the adult section.....

THIS IS *colorful word* AWESOME!!! NO WAY IT COULD BE MORE AWESOME EXCEPT IF IT WERE IN MY HANDS...

VERY AWESOME DUDE.

I Like It!

Sooo cool! Just love that fleur de lis and the lining fits very well.

You say your neck suffers from lacing so I wonder if you lace over your working table? I try to lace late at night when my family has gone to sleep so I can sit in the couch and lace. This allows me to drop down the shoulders a bit and also I have one eye to the telly so that I don't constantly hang my neck down. I do lot's of things to avoid get stuck in same position for long periods resulting in a sore neck, seems to help. oh and lots os smoking coffee!!

Tom

Hi Freak,

Glad to see you back to doing some more really cool stuff! Everything about that notebook is great, but what I think I like best is how you did the outlines of the skulls in the wood background. That's a neat added touch. I hope you get settled into the new place and have some time to work on more leather projects. It's always fun when there is something new from you to see.

Thank you all very , very much. You are all to kind and i love it !! LOL..

Tom, i think what really got me sore is the fact that it's been awhile since i've done any lacing. I also think i used to long of lace, i should of made my runs shorter. But, i'll keep your words and not lace or the work station. That makes for good advise that i never thought of, thanks.

hey freak nice job.badass!! hey if you dont want it bro,send it my way...the tooling to the lacing, outstanding...

Your welcome Freak! Just like to tell you I got years of sore neck from tooling bracers and had a long break (about three years) from it, doing some occasional stuff to entertain muscle memory and came back to leather last fall. I have been ok last couple of years but learned to listen to the bodily signals so I know when I'm sitting in one position to long and then I switch working position or type of work, like bag present tooling for tomorrow and maybe go blend some colours for the project instead, that way I can maintain the workflow.

Keep yourself safe so I can see more cool stuff from you!

Tom

I would love to walk into the next managers meeting a slap this down on the table. You feel like death after the meeting is over.

Tammy

Thanks, yeah it might make someone stop and think for a second.

I've added a pattern for it, click here

We moved a few weeks ago and i'm still hunting for stuff that's in a box somewhere. I've been itching to do something . So just minutes after the slab hit the work table i had to beat on some dead cow. coffintooled01.jpgLacing this one gave me a little bit of a hard time. To many turns i guess, it felt like it took forever. Beaver i don't know how you do all that lacing man. My neck and shoulder are sore just from this little notebook.coffin01.jpgI did all the carving then invert beveled the skull in after all the wood grain lines were done.coffin02.jpgcoffin03.jpgThis time i used fabric for the linning, have no idea how well it will hold up or stay glued, but it sure looks cool. :thumbsup:coffin05.jpg There it is people. My jones has been fixed for now. Now i gotta unpack the rest of the leather room, then it's off to the garage. Man, i hate everthing about moving !!!!!!!!!
damm good work,where the hell are you in texas?? im up in amarillo.

I'm in Royse City, make sure you whistle as you hit the "s". It's about 30 miles east of Dallas.

at least your not in dallas!! i worked in dallas for 10 years lives in ft.worth for 30.

i love amarillo!!!those coffin notebook rock!!!!