Hello,

I'm curious what everyone does for carriers for Glock Magazines. For example, and the reason for the question, a Model 19 and a Model 23 are the same exterior dimensions, and thus you can use the same mold. Do you feel/does your experience show the same holds true for magazines/magazine carriers? Or do you use separate dummies? How does this apply to the Glock model sizes, ie the 17/22, 20/21, 26/27, etc? Interested in what others do. Thanks, Andy

If your pattern is not too tall, you can make the same mag holder for the models 17, 17L, 19, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 31, 32, 32, 34, and 35 (and I believe the 37, 38, and 39 as well) off of one dummy mag. Another dummy will be necessary for models 20,21, 21SF, 29, 30, and 30SF. The model 36 will require a dummy mag all its own.

Yup - what BOOMstick said.

Now I have a 9, 40 and two .45s. I've got each marked off for the short mags so I can build the appropriate size mag pouch for the compacts. The 36 is of course the single stack .45acp.

The difference between 9mm and .40 Glock mags is around .005" by my dinky caliper measure (width and depth). It makes double mag pouches easy, especially using a retention screw for the fine adjustment as well as making a tight wet mold/dry.

Edited by Shorts

Thanks Boomstick, I thought it would work out like that. By the way, your avatar isn't showing up for me, not sure if it's just me or a real error. Thought you might like to know.

Thanks Monica, apparently we were posting at the same time.