Studio-N

Delrin Stamps

These are just a few stamps I have done for a recent client.

I'm making them from delrin and laser engraving them. These are 1 inch stamps and are made on flat plastic rather than the rod used by other engravers.

They are mostly for use with an arbor press, but I have fastened a stamp handle from a simple 6" pipe and two flat brass caps. A little double stick tape works well

for holding the stamps in place for use.

Those little stamps are great!........ Jeff

These are just a few stamps I have done for a recent client.

I'm making them from delrin and laser engraving them. These are 1 inch stamps and are made on flat plastic rather than the rod used by other engravers.

They are mostly for use with an arbor press, but I have fastened a stamp handle from a simple 6" pipe and two flat brass caps. A little double stick tape works well

for holding the stamps in place for use.

I'm curious what the cost is for an average stamp?

I need my logo stamp made and am looking for the right person to do it... Cost is a factor, but I'm more concerned with delrin rods bouncing around when struck. I like the idea of yours being more of a PRESS style application.

Hello. Delrin sheet is not too expensive so I'm doing it for $7-$8 (simple beer money) for a one inch stamp. Mostly because I get to keep one too.

However, I'm not doing any artwork design. It's one thing to trace a vector drawing in corel but it's another thing to do the artwork from

scratch. I don't have time for that. Cheers.

Edited by Studio-N

I've also been working on laser cutting Delrin stamps and am currently using a small hydraulic press to set them. What I would like to find is a way to set a delrin handle into a delrin stamp. I have found it difficult stuff to glue - but I'm probably using the wrong adhesive.

Has anyone had any success with joining delrin pieces. I wondered if welding them with a jeweller's gas torch might be a better bet?

Ray

Well they are not ALL successful. Here is a POW-MIA stamp I did for a friend.

The impression on the forground and background turned out good, but the lettering did not.

After it is shrunk down, it tends to blur together. It should still work out good on a large plate, but

I had to leave it off on the 1" stamps.

I don't know if it would work for "joining delrin pieces"

but I found a great new glue that has worked in many

circumstances for me... it is called Gorilla Glue.

You just have to use a tiny bit and it holds Like New.

Just watch out and don''t use too much, because it foams up a bit

Hope this helps

Edited by LNLeather

I don't know if it would work for "joining delrin pieces"

but I found a great new glue that has worked in many

circumstances for me... it is called Gorilla Glue.

You just have to use a tiny bit and it holds Like New.

Just watch out and don''t use too much, because it foams up a bit

Hope this helps

Thanks, LNLeather, that Gorilla Glue is amazing stuff and really versatile too but sadly it won't work with Delrin which was designed not to be sticky... hence I have the problem! LOL

I had foam all over my bench the first time I tried it... we learn from experience I guess.

Ray

...I had foam all over my bench the first time I tried it...

It's deja vu all over again. I had the same experience. They should really put a warning label on the stuff - "A little goes a long way. A lot explodes into a really long way"

I know this is an old post but how big a laser are you guys using.  I tried to get one done by a mate with a 40w epilog and he couldn't  seem to get any depth. I bought the machine off him second hand the other day and thought i might try a few out but just curious. Would i need to somehow vector cut the design??? still learning this laser stuff, but would love to be able to make custom stamps for my work rather than learning to carve

Howdy everyone! Just throwing my thanks into the ring for Studio-N. He has just made a Makers Stamp for me it is awsome :banana: and to boot, a pleasure to work with; not found around here much. Reading a few articles, it's better than a business card. "They WILL find you" folks like to brag about they had made! I do :yes:

I had one made by Nick (Studio-N) as well. I have to concur that Nick is a pleasure to work with and produces very nice work. I actually need to get a couple more stamps from him.

I need a bunch too! I'm sure he could use the extra coin. As for myself, I need the advertisment :spoton:

I downloaded a picture of my makers stamp :spoton:Comments welcome!

Leather makers mark.jpg

Edited by Barbed Wire Leather

Nick made my makers mark as well. Couldnt be more pleased. Now if he would make a m1a1 tank stamp, he would make hero status!