276ccm

276Ccm´s Leatherwork..

Started the process of adding color..

5442177692_8b71dab600_z.jpg

Started the process of adding color..

5442177692_8b71dab600_z.jpg

WOW! The color really makes it POP! What kind of dye and how did you apply it?

Thanks for sharing.

Bobby

Edited by Bobby hdflame

WOW! The color really makes it POP! What kind of dye and how did you apply it?

Thanks for sharing.

Bobby

Thanks a lot! I use a dye called R.O.C (Narvesvaerte) It´s a Danish brand I think.. I first applied dark brown with a sponge, then I used Vintage Brown, applied with a Mack Tidwell brush.. let it dry for about 15 - 20 minutes then polish off..

getting there soon :-)

5548209499_be7d7ea262_z.jpg

Finished the seat :-)

5564467801_39b3646e40_z.jpg

5562277806_551585b275_z.jpg

Started to work on a new seat.. :-)

5761612331_666ed3876d_z.jpg

5763072988_ce188cee61_z.jpg

5766575060_a264ab56be_z.jpg

Wow, lot's of backgrounding! Did you draw that pattern? Very nice.

Wow, lot's of backgrounding! Did you draw that pattern? Very nice.

Yea, I drawed the pattern on a piece of paper :-)

Hey 276ccm.....

Are you still arround...this is an older thread....but I wondered any time I come by here and check u out....do you wet form and attach the leather to the seat and THEN tool the leather....if you have foam underneath that would not work...??

How do you tool AFTER wet forming??....how do you support the leather when it is already shaped.....

Greetings to u and your country....

Thanks

James

Hey 276ccm.....

Are you still arround...this is an older thread....but I wondered any time I come by here and check u out....do you wet form and attach the leather to the seat and THEN tool the leather....if you have foam underneath that would not work...??

How do you tool AFTER wet forming??....how do you support the leather when it is already shaped.....

Greetings to u and your country....

Thanks

James

Hi, sorry for a pretty damn slow reply.. please forgive me :-)

I´m always around, but not always physically... anyway, often I wet form the seat, then take it off for tooling the seat, and then form it back after finished.. but sometimes I´m tooling the seat after it´s attached, but mostly only for touch up..tooling on a soft padding is not recommended, at least not from my experience. Hope this helps :-) Feel free to ask, and I´ll try to get back to you within a couple of years.. no seriously asap :-)

Hi, sorry for a pretty damn slow reply.. please forgive me :-)

I´m always around, but not always physically... anyway, often I wet form the seat, then take it off for tooling the seat, and then form it back after finished.. but sometimes I´m tooling the seat after it´s attached, but mostly only for touch up..tooling on a soft padding is not recommended, at least not from my experience. Hope this helps :-) Feel free to ask, and I´ll try to get back to you within a couple of years.. no seriously asap :-)

Thanks 276.....

Been busy myself, shiftwork, kid's and some leather work for customers...always something going on!!

wonder if you tool first and then wet form would you not save time....I dont see a reason for wet forming, then flatten it all out again to do your tooling, then wet form it again.

Just kind of wondered how you do this.....regardless, your work is great and I have been seen some of your pinstriping and gold leafing....soooo cool !!

I am old school, love that stuff very much!!

It is amazing to me how advanced you guys up there in Northern Europe....you are miles ahead of all these so called chopper guys here in the state...heheee,,,like Sweden and Finland, they just rock in the old school scenes...Germany has some of it....dont know much about Norway...hahaha...

Anyway, good talking to you....thanks for your info and help!!

Greetings

Jimbob

The reason I wet form it first is that I want to be 100% sure I got it as sentered as I´m able to :-) If I was making several seats with the same seat pan, I would have made a template for the size, but most seat pans I use is one of a kind.. It is more work.. and I´m sure it´s easier ways to do it, but it´s the way I learned it myself :-) It´s not really a lot of work to make it fit the second time..

Just started on a new leather solo seat too :-)

6029558158_1113f7773e_z.jpg

6032940498_4dd1b1c3f4_z.jpg

6032381403_00c4d1e707_z.jpg

6032274939_fb47ff2c08_z.jpg

It says Momento Mori (the time to die), and not the famous latin phrase Memento Mori (remember you should die). It´s not so serious that it might sound :-)

Next, will add some dye and lacing.

That's a cool design. Now that I know what it SAYS, what does it MEAN?

Look forward to the completion!specool.gif

The reason I wet form it first is that I want to be 100% sure I got it as sentered as I´m able to :-) If I was making several seats with the same seat pan, I would have made a template for the size, but most seat pans I use is one of a kind.. It is more work.. and I´m sure it´s easier ways to do it, but it´s the way I learned it myself :-) It´s not really a lot of work to make it fit the second time..

Just started on a new leather solo seat too :-)

6029558158_1113f7773e_z.jpg

6032940498_4dd1b1c3f4_z.jpg

6032381403_00c4d1e707_z.jpg

6032274939_fb47ff2c08_z.jpg

It says Momento Mori (the time to die), and not the famous latin phrase Memento Mori (remember you should die). It´s not so serious that it might sound :-)

Next, will add some dye and lacing.

Bobby it´s just a phrase too.. Momento Mori (the time to die) Memento Mori (remember you should die) and therefore live))

But as said, it´s not as serious as it might sound :-)

Bobby it´s just a phrase too.. Momento Mori (the time to die) Memento Mori (remember you should die) and therefore live))

But as said, it´s not as serious as it might sound :-)

OK, I thought maybe there was some special meaning and that was why they wanted it on the seat. Look forward to seeing it finished.

Added some color to it, but I think maybe it looked better as "natural" but that is too late now :-)

6038275454_dc477d3445_z.jpg

I like the color!

Added some color to it, but I think maybe it looked better as "natural" but that is too late now :-)

6038275454_dc477d3445_z.jpg

I was contacted by CBP in Norway, which was going to build four Victory motorcycle signature models for the band Motörhead.. one for each member, which will be their own and one extra.. I was asked if I wanted to make the leather solo seats for these bikes, and hell yeah!! :-) Terje Aspmo did the airbrush job..

Probably the coolest job I´ve ever done, but also a hell of a lot of work! But all worth it :-)

Started out by raw templates:

6335802208_c8eef61dd8_z.jpg

Then tooled the basic motive for each seat:

6467059959_e5efdc272b_z.jpg

Making sure everything fits well:

6467067317_00e5d403d8_z.jpg

Cutting all the other templates around the seats and starts to lace them together:

6467075621_1e90029c1c_z.jpg

Even more leather dye:

6467080337_a8892c2b99_z.jpg

Also making a brown seat, which is going to be Lemmy´s:

6467084845_a24deca6ca_z.jpg

Lemmy´s seat before attaching it to the bike:

6467099611_b14d128f62_z.jpg

Mikkey Dee´s seat:

6467090897_ff33f0c773_z.jpg

Phil Campbell´s bike:

6473033273_72d5e2b90d_z.jpg

Mikkey Dee´s bike:

6473046235_b037f64cef_z.jpg

6477294731_518e0e23a9_z.jpg

Lemmy´s bike:

6473054747_c72c2edabe_z.jpg

6482832083_0fc9b4383f_z.jpg

And a proud moment.. me and the band:

6477294709_142a89aa7d_z.jpg

Afterwards, Lemmy shakes my hand, and to use his own words about my seats: "######ing awesome"

They where all very exited about the bikes, and really cool and down to earth guys!

Yust to say hello (here also)... and this galery kicks ass!!!

hope it's ok I have shared these motorhead photos on a music forum :)

cheers,

silk

Yust to say hello (here also)... and this galery kicks ass!!!

hope it's ok I have shared these motorhead photos on a music forum :)

cheers,

silk

Hey man, thanks a lot! :-) No problem sharing my photos, but it always cool to mention my blog: http://276ccm.blogspot.com/ or my Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/276ccm if you do.. or at least who took them :-)

If you don´t mind, could you send me a PM with the link to the music forum? Just curious and would love to see :-)

Thanks again mate! :-)

Marius

Hey man, thanks a lot! :-) No problem sharing my photos, but it always cool to mention my blog: http://276ccm.blogspot.com/ or my Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/276ccm if you do.. or at least who took them :-)

If you don´t mind, could you send me a PM with the link to the music forum? Just curious and would love to see :-)

Thanks again mate! :-)

Marius

no problem!! ofcourse I have mentioned whos work is that... I just moved it to Motorhead topic and added jour blog and facebook... PM coming

cheers!

Silvio

one seat finished..

6918769001_2a2751f296_z.jpg

and started another.. this will be covering a la para seat :-)

6889577507_87c96d5fb5_z.jpg

6897417959_76901277b9_z.jpg

6932988511_8ae5b33e2c_z.jpg

Finally finished with the coloring and making templates...

6995266783_1aff2749ca_z.jpg

Doesn't even look like the same seat anymore with the pad and coloring. Did you mix that color or is it straight?

6995266783_1aff2749ca_z.jpg

Very K@@L looking seat!

Is the material around the sides what you use for making your template/pattern? What is it?

I've been using plastic to make most of my patterns, then transfer it to something stiffer. I've been using some heavy paper/cardboard material that I get from Tandy. It's supposed to be a bag stiffener, like for ladies purses.