Well, short story long, I love cowboy stuff, chaps in general....but I dont have a horse!??

But I do have a 2000 HD Fatboy!!

So long story short.....Me trying to make my first pair of chaps, for riding the Fatboy....need to be all cowboy style conchos and all....guess its called shootgun chaps??

How would I make shure I can put them on with boots on, how would I close them all the way to the bottom legs,,,,I love the Arizona style shootgun chaps,,,,but they have to work like motorcycle chaps...!!

Any patterns available....any idea, any pictures....I would realy like to build a pair of them...already got leather....whiskey tan, about 3-4 oz chap from Siegel....

Thanks so much ya all for help

Jimbob

Well, short story long, I love cowboy stuff, chaps in general....but I dont have a horse!??

But I do have a 2000 HD Fatboy!!

So long story short.....Me trying to make my first pair of chaps, for riding the Fatboy....need to be all cowboy style conchos and all....guess its called shootgun chaps??

How would I make shure I can put them on with boots on, how would I close them all the way to the bottom legs,,,,I love the Arizona style shootgun chaps,,,,but they have to work like motorcycle chaps...!!

Any patterns available....any idea, any pictures....I would realy like to build a pair of them...already got leather....whiskey tan, about 3-4 oz chap from Siegel....

Thanks so much ya all for help

Jimbob

Jimbob,

You've basically got two choices for closures ( there are other choices but IME these are best for motorcycles), either use a zipper or use several snap closures. One thing to keep in mind you get a lot more wind on a bike so the chaps should close as far down the leg as possible.

Also, as far as not having a horse...I'm sure several people on here could help you with that, I know I've sure got a couple more than I want lol

Hope this helps

David

Jimbob

I sell shotgun chap patterns at www.cowcampsaddlery.webs.com that might help you get a start.

Mark

Jimbob,

You've basically got two choices for closures ( there are other choices but IME these are best for motorcycles), either use a zipper or use several snap closures. One thing to keep in mind you get a lot more wind on a bike so the chaps should close as far down the leg as possible.

Also, as far as not having a horse...I'm sure several people on here could help you with that, I know I've sure got a couple more than I want lol

Hope this helps

David

thanks you two for the help and hints.....will order the shotgun style pattern and then see how to modify them......there will be flames and sculls....lots of conchos and some floral carving....boy will they be different,,,,,hihi...

Greetings

James