Sign in to follow this  
buffalobill plus Ed D

Just Collars...dog Collars

I posted already some of my collars on a different topic( Leather Sewing Machines) on this forum ...here are some more of them...Everything is pretty much stitched with the Boss and most of the collars are made out of at least 2plys of 8-9oz leather

Any kind of feedback willl be appreciated

Thanks !

2341_57831616318_705191318_1938225_5691396_n.jpg

3140_68487631318_705191318_2112909_1798435_n.jpg

n705191318_1897060_9001.jpg

n705191318_1664053_3856.jpg

n705191318_1723982_2313.jpg

20049_307721006318_705191318_3965917_4068932_n.jpg

Edited by Ed D

well all i can say is wow..you do really nice work...i really like most of the collars, the ones with all the buckles are not my taste but i cant find a fault with any of them. nice clean edges clean straight stitching.

Beautiful work. I especially like the red and black one with the exotic skin inlay.

a+ on you collar and a another A+ on you telling that they were perty much sewed on your Boss Sewing Machine.

for all that have had a Boss they need to take a good look at your work, and wished they

had it back.

Edited by Luke Hatley

a+ on you collar and a another A+ on you telling that they were perty much sewed on your Boss Sewing Machine.

for all that have had a Boss they need to take a good look at your work, and wished they

had it back.

I 've been using the Boss for the last 7-8years now without any issues...i was actually gonna buy another one just as a back up just in case Tippmann weren't gonna make them anymore...lol...I used it few times just to make the holes and then hand stitch(like the collar pictured below) ...I think the machne it's briliant ... It's small , doesn't require electric power and you can carry it with you wherever you go...i actually made few collars on the spot at a dog show

gothic2%20collar.jpg

Beautiful! There are going to be some nicely dressed canines out there!

Crystal

Really nice work. I especially like the first one. I also agree with abn, the inlay is really well done.

I'm just getting started with leather and it's great to look through examples like this and see what's possible. I also appreciate what you mentioned about taking the machine to shows. As I consider some areas I might like to specialize in, that gives me some great ideas for marketing.

And for those who are counting... I have now completed my very first post.

Nice indeed. Even though I find the "ring" thing for fastening the leech a little too "turkish bathroom" for my personal taste. ;)

Especially the one with the red exotic looking inlay, is really nice. As someone already pointed out. The one with golden studs is pretty awesome too.

Looking at the holes you made for the prongs, they look rather oblong than round, how did you make them? I have seen others like this too. I can't find any oblong hole punch that small. All I find is round ones. :(

Looking at the holes you made for the prongs, they look rather oblong than round, how did you make them? I have seen others like this too. I can't find any oblong hole punch that small. All I find is round ones. :(

Go on Tandy's web-site or on Ebay (#140461440240)

Turkish bathroom :rofl:

Go on Tandy's web-site or on Ebay (#140461440240)

Turkish bathroom :rofl:

Thank you a lot! You just saved my life, or at least helped me making things a lot better. :)

Hehe, yeah. My girlfriend hired a basement apartment in a Turkish family's house some year ago, and the bathroom was all "bling", with such golden rings on all drawers, as towel hangers and so forth. Too bad they hated dogs, otherwise you would have an order coming. ;)

Beautiful work.

One thing I'd worry about is the leash attachment ring. Make sure to use red lock-tite on the threads. From what I can see, you're using a threaded nut with prongs that bite into the leather to keep it from spinning. If the nut can't spin and the post that holds the ring does, it will unscrew. You may want to grind the prongs off so the nut will spin along with the post.

Beautiful work.

One thing I'd worry about is the leash attachment ring. Make sure to use red lock-tite on the threads. From what I can see, you're using a threaded nut with prongs that bite into the leather to keep it from spinning. If the nut can't spin and the post that holds the ring does, it will unscrew. You may want to grind the prongs off so the nut will spin along with the post.

I do use lock-tite (red) on those threads...i am not concerned about not spining just because the leash snap spins so that takes care of the "problem"..lol...Thanks !

I like them all, but especially the brass studded one...the studs are perfectly aligned.....how?!?

Do you worry about sweat or other water damage? Dye running?

beautiful!!! my favorite is the first one. .. I too as a 7 dog owner however am not a fan of the leash attachment. D rings work best for me.

my other concern is on the ones with the "towel holder" sorry thats all i could think to call it.... where do you put the dog tags? I know this is a decorative type collar but I am always sure to switch my dogs ID tags with every collar you never know what might happen!

beautiful!!! my favorite is the first one. .. I too as a 7 dog owner however am not a fan of the leash attachment. D rings work best for me.

my other concern is on the ones with the "towel holder" sorry thats all i could think to call it.... where do you put the dog tags? I know this is a decorative type collar but I am always sure to switch my dogs ID tags with every collar you never know what might happen!

Hi there !

For dog tags i usually have a very small D ring set next to the buckle...some customers wants it ...most of them not...same goes for the "towel holder"..it's there because most (if not all) of the customers want to have it, instead of a D ring

Here is a regular collar that has a D ring...2in wide, 2ply , stitched from one end to the other

untitled.bmp

LOVE! the mini D rings. Looks good! Ive wanted to get a collar for mine for a while but i've never found one that is exactly what I'm looking for.. My main problem with the leahter collars is that they seem very stiff and not soft at all. Especially on the inside.

wow. those are amazing. I am not worthy. I'm so new to this there's No way I'm even close to being that good. bravo. haha

where do you get the leash rings at?

I'm trying to find brass plates to rivet on my collars. maybe i just don't know the right term. yaarg