Tyrel

Another Will James

Hi All,

I haven't posted anything in awhile, but here's my latest saddle. It is made on a 15 1/2" Will James tree by Swanke. Tree has a 4 1/2" cantle, #4 horn, and 13 1/2" front.

Feel free to critique my work as I am always trying to improve...Don't worry I have thick skin so don't feel bad.

-Ty

post-10704-081036800 1281229501_thumb.jp

post-10704-032586800 1281229519_thumb.jp

post-10704-009182700 1281229537_thumb.jp

post-10704-022741500 1281229569_thumb.jp

That's a good looking rig Ty. From your previous postings, I gather that you build primarily for cowpunchers, as I do. I like your style. JW.

I'm not always a fan of a swell fork saddle, but I sure like the looks of that one. Very nice job on the tooling and attention to detail.

I like it. One thing that stand out is the basket stamping on the fork is going a different direction then the basket stamping on rest of the saddle

Edited by Janneman Pienaar

Nicely executed. Looks like the kind of rig that will catch eyes no matter where it is used.

Bondo Bob

Ty, Your a man after my own heart, a good round skirted, well done saddle that can be worked in. I like the skirt rig with a slight drop to the front rigging dee. Good looking all the way around.... Jeff

Nice looking saddle, Ty. Thanks for posting. I like the shape of your seat jockeys and full fenders. Lots of guys are making too narrow of fenders that don't put any leather under a guy's knees. I'm curious about your Swanke tree. Is it made with northwest bars or Arizona bars? Thanks - Aermotor.

Thanks everyone for the comments!

I like to stamp my swells on the tree and I usually lay a heavy strap over the swells to figure out my angle the best that I can but by the time I get to the base of the swells my angle is going the wrong direction due to the curve of the swells. I don't know how to lay this out better and fix this problem. Any suggestions?...

Nice looking saddle, Ty. Thanks for posting. I like the shape of your seat jockeys and full fenders. Lots of guys are making too narrow of fenders that don't put any leather under a guy's knees. I'm curious about your Swanke tree. Is it made with northwest bars or Arizona bars? Thanks - Aermotor.

Thanks Aermotor, I use his regular bar. If I understand Ben Swanke right he uses the same bar in a swell fork as he uses in a wade. But I was recently told that he has a little wider bar that he calls a Bob Douglas Wade Bar. I would sure like to try it if thats the case. I sure think swanke's on the right track because his trees sit a horse as good as anything that I've ever used even if you have to catch something on a loose cinch they just seem to stay put.

Edited by Tyrel