Thumper

Looking For Marble Or Granite

I got a run of 1/4 inch thick conveyor belt 9×3 for free at a place that makes and installs conveyor systems free. I use it as a pound and cutting board. The last piece was more than half as thick and lasted a decade and more.

I know you were asking about granite and I get mine free from the same place others mentioned so... But cutting boards wasn't asked about and you are looking for things on the cheap, what's cheaper than free?

1 hour ago, Grumpymann said:

I got a run of 1/4 inch thick conveyor belt 9×3 for free at a place that makes and installs conveyor systems free. I use it as a pound and cutting board. The last piece was more than half as thick and lasted a decade and more.

I know you were asking about granite and I get mine free from the same place others mentioned so... But cutting boards wasn't asked about and you are looking for things on the cheap, what's cheaper than free?

Where would one find a conveyor belt installation company?

3 hours ago, Bennyleather said:

Where would one find a conveyor belt installation company?

I used Google, search for conveyor belt.

16 minutes ago, Grumpymann said:

I used Google, search for conveyor belt.

Ha why didn't I think of that? Lol

I am currently using old sink cut outs... I scored both free from guys redoing their kitchens but you have to ask for the drop in advance because I think it's a big annoyance going through the buyer/ supplier/ installer grapvine... that being said, the sizes work well. Both of my slabs are probably 1.5"- 2" thick and nice and wide with 1 bull nosed side which is super nice when moving them around. That being said, I freaking love the quartz- its quite, solid and just feels a little more like a "dead blow" when tooling on it. That being said, it is white which is a real doozy after staring at it all day under bright light. I'd like to find a 4"-6" or maybe even thicker slab about 1.5' x 4' in size and darker to permanently set into a laminated bench- I'll probably cut up an old stall mat and put that between the wood and the stone just to further deaden the noise... I am still on the hunt though!!!

I'd be interested to see if anyone else has tried quartz before. The Russian fellows that gave it to me said it takes impact way better than granite or marble and after tooling a lot on it, I would certainly agree!