TwinOaks

Removing Unwanted Programs

Hey gang,

I've gone through and removed some unused programs on my computer and ran into tiny issue. Windows Installer keeps trying to install Roxio DVD something or other, which I don't want. So I decided to just get rid of the whole thing. When I go through the CP, and try to uninstall it, I get messages that files are missing and it bogs down the entire computer. In a nutshell, Windows won't remove it. Is there a way to just delete the dang thing?

Jo, before directing me to G2G, I've tried to post a few things there but have been stone walled with "you have an open topic" from over a year ago that was never resolved. Now, anything I try to add gets put 'on hold' b/c I have the old topic open.

TIA,

Mike

Just ran through it, and everything I was looking to get rid of is GONE!!!!

Many thanks. Now I gotta remove the trial period prog. and I'll be done.

Just ran through it, and everything I was looking to get rid of is GONE!!!!

Many thanks. Now I gotta remove the trial period prog. and I'll be done.

after u get every thing done, do a defragment on ur system, it will reset all ur files to free up space an it will make ur system a bit faster.

Hit START than go PROGRAMS than to ACESSORIES it will take u to SYSTEM TOOLS, than to DISK DEFRAGMENT, from there just follow instruction on the following page, it will take a few minutes to run